Looking for a map of North Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a map of North Africa

I'm looking for a Civ2 map of North Africa. It's for my "first" historical scenario. Anyone know where I might be able to find one?

I put this together for you - is it what you want? Can I improve it for you? What is the scenario about? If I can help let me know.
    Attached Files

Comment

That doesn't work Jacobite
      Why don't you zip the file and attach the compressed folder?
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I'm at work, I'll edit the post on my lunch hour.

Comment

It works for me.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

By the way, Daniel Fierro made a good map of Nort Africa:

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

If it did not work before it ought to now.

Comment

Look for the Africa Korps scenario.

Comment

Is it just me or are none of those attachments working?

If they aren't, i'm gonna bring this up with Mark cause I think there's a problem...

Comment

Seems to have downloaded just fine for me. I'm still at work so I can't "see" the map, but it downloaded, unzipped and all....

Comment

Can you send that map to my e-mail (warvoid@aol.com), Jacobite? I can't seem to download the attachment...

The one Mercator posted is great but has too much of Europe and extends into the Sahel, which isn't really needed. Tho it's perfect for another scenario I want to do; Arabia Petraea. Thanks Merc!

Comment

It looks like Jacobite actually used the map I attached.

The map Jacobite posted is a section of Daniel Fierro's map, with everything North of Spain, East of Israel and South of, say, Cairo cut off.

You could use MapEdit to do some editing on the original yourself... That is, if you've gotten it to work already. If it doesn't work, should I send you the special "bug-tracking" version, to help me help you?

Comment

I downloaded another copy of MapEdit off of your website and it seems to work now. And now that I think of it, I think the copy I had was one of your old betas...

Anyways, hey! This programme is awesome man! I took that North Africa map off your website and expanded the canvas enough to cover just enough of the area that I need to (needed to extend it east to the Libyan-Egyptian border)!

Merc, man, YOU rule!

Comment

... OK

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                              The map Jacobite posted is a section of Daniel Fierro's map...
                              You are amazing Merc, that is exactly what it is. Map Edit is FANTASTIC, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X