Thanks Mercator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Mercator!

Your map editor is fantastic! I'm sure you've heard that before, but I just wanted to say it. Could've saved me a lot of time.
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Thanks Michael Daumen!

As a matter of fact, I'm working on an update.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Echo

Mercator, MapEdit must have saved me more than a month on my current map. The integration with Harlan's Eurasian bitmap is wonderful.

Thanx!
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

How come I can not say it...
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

How come I can not say it...

I should be able to resolve that issue tomorrow.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Will MapEdit run on XP?

I dunno cause it never even ran on my old Win95 system...

Nothing personal Merc, i'll just blame Bill Gates and Canada for the problem.

Comment

Yet another dissenting voice.

It always locked up on me when I tried to save. Too bad, cos I could have used it to redimension some maps.
              "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
              --

Comment

Counting out time...
                Middle East!

Comment

WarVoid, Gothmog... I assume you're both talking about the same problem? It crashes when saving (error 53, "file not found"). I know the problem, and I'm working on it. I've never been able to reproduce the problem myself, though, so that makes testing rather more difficult.
                  I would be very happy if you could help me testing it.

DCOM should be able to solve any other problems.

I don't know if it runs on XP, I don't have it, so you'll have to try (unless others can already confirm it).

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                    WarVoid, Gothmog... I assume you're both talking about the same problem? It crashes when saving (error 53, "file not found"). I know the problem, and I'm working on it. I've never been able to reproduce the problem myself, though, so that makes testing rather more difficult.
                    I would be very happy if you could help me testing it.
                    That's it and yes I'll help. I'd really like this program to work for me. My theory was that it might have something to do with my having installed Civ II into a custom name directory. My root Civ II directory is D:\Civ2.
                    "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                    --

Comment

Nope... The only thing the Civ2 dir is used for is to start either the mapeditor or Civ2. And that uses the dir you specified in the options.
                      I also have Civ2 in a non-standard directory.

I have a list of questions ready which might indicate where the problem is, and I made a separate version of MapEdit, which shows a lot of pop-ups during the process of saving, so I can better pinpoint where the problem is. Could I send those things to you (and anyone else who has this problem)?

Comment

Please do so. I've sent you a Private Message containing my email address.
                        --

Comment

have you and winterfritz received my e-mail?

Comment

I did. Haven't gotten around to testing yet. I need to reinstall the app from scratch.
                            --

Comment

I can say it now.
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X