Second front question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second front question

Here's the deal: I want to play SF. (Duh) Now I have this "ultimate classic collection civ II" or something which means I have both mge, cic and fw. At least that what the box claims and I have been able to play any other fw scenarios.

The real problem is that when I start up the fw version of SF I get to move for the allies but not for the air force. This leads to me getting slaughtered quite quickly.

Anyway, I can play the mge version but not the fw. It's not such a big problem but I just want to see the Jerries move, okay.

Cheers in advance.

Oh, and it's a great scenario, bla bla. (You have gotten enough praise, Nemo)
    Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

AFAIK, all the ultimate classic collection is, is MGE with the scenarios from CiC and FW. So, technically, you don't have FW and CiC (unless you have multiple civ2 executables)!

Still, I don't know why you would experience trouble with the FW version, but that's probably because I don't MGE.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      AFAIK, all the ultimate classic collection is, is MGE with the scenarios from CiC and FW. So, technically, you don't have FW and CiC (unless you have multiple civ2 executables)!

Still, I don't know why you would experience trouble with the FW version, but that's probably because I don't MGE.
      Doh! On a closer look it does say on the cd "features the scenarios from fantastic worlds". But, but I have the editor and...

Oh, well. Thanks for the reply.

Now, does anyone know where one might buy fw?
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Try eBay. I got FW for a heaping $4 US awhile back. I was unaware that I needed standard CivII to apply FW to (I got it so I didnt have to play SF in hotseat mode). However, today I actually saw CivII standard edition for the pc on sale for $9.99 at Target (God that store is everything that is wrong with the US). I may get that, then add on FW to it, and finally be able to see those Germans counterattacking.

-FMK.

Comment

Target (God that store is everything that is wrong with the US).
          I luv Target!

Comment

You could also use the patch on CivFanatics which upgrades Civ2 Classic to FW. I myself have only ever used patches, to upgrade from Classic, as FW and MGE are nowhere to be found in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by winterfritz
              You could also use the patch on CivFanatics which upgrades Civ2 Classic to FW. I myself have only ever used patches, to upgrade from Classic, as FW and MGE are nowhere to be found in Australia.
              I'll give that a try, thanks. If it doesn't work I'll come back crying soon.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

Actually Utlimate civ 2 is just another name for MGE (MGE also includes all scens from CiC and FW), the only difference is a few lines in the labels.txt (but those can cause quite much trouble when Ultimate civ people tries to play MGE scens).
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

*comes back crying*

Well, that didn't work. Civ demanded some .dll file on startup.

Does this means that I'm totally screwed, sitting here with "ultimate civ"? Is there no way to get fw?

Btw, Henrik, I recognize that problem, had it with a couple of scens. Ah well, maybe I should simply buy a clean civ 2 for the small buck it might cost. (And, yes, I have seen the ad at the bottom of the screen)

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                  X