X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not have a second?
    Unbelievable!

Comment

I love Civ II (esp. w/ FW which is now available for FREE bootleg)and had no intrest in Civ III. My best pal in another part of the state assumed Civ III was multiplayer and bought himself and me copies for Christmas. He was really let down when I told there was no MP. It doesn't run on my slow computer, so I still have never even installed it. Still, I dont feel as ripped off as everybody else who has a copy. A smarter AI was all Civ II really needed anyway!

Comment

EU2's upcoming 1.05 patch will include scenario editing tools (not that they are absolutely necessary; almost everything in the game is in text-file form).

A smarter AI was all Civ II really needed anyway!

And more simultaneous civs!
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo

A smarter AI was all Civ II really needed anyway!

And more simultaneous civs!
          Is this the start of the wish list for CIV IV? Not that they listened last time

Comment

This sounds promising:

I took this from the offical Fixais press release on the expansion pack:

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play The World will include three different Internet and LAN game styles, including turn-based, simultaneous, and for the first time in a Civilization game, a turnless mode. Civilization game fans around the world can now face off in short, fast-paced games like Elimination, Regicide and Capture the Flag or play a more traditional Civilization-style game; in addition the expansion will support "Play by Email" and Hotseat games and will include multiplayer scenario support. Play the World will also expand your Civilization experience by adding eight new "Great Leaders;" eight new civilizations with specialized units for each; new map features including airfields, outposts and radar towers; two new terrain sets that allow players to customize their maps; additional interface enhancements like unit stacking and auto-bombard; and complete game editor and scenario support, including feudal Japan and World War II unit packs, that will allow players to create scenarios from any time period.
            Is this too good to be true?
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

It does sound as though they're making an effort this time ...
              Still nothing about events though ...
              Otherwise its a fairly detailed description. Why would they leave out any mention of scripted events? Unless ...

I'm not going to get my hopes up again. Not after last time ...

Comment

What's a "terrain set"?
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X