No announcement yet.

Call for playtesters soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget my whineing about Japanese deficit, by 1873 I had researched some 10 technologies and was making a net 200 gold each turn thanks to trade.

And the army should be that bad come to think of it, China didn't become a pushover till the 1890s.

And indeed, ships seem to be to powerful for coastal bombardment. Then again, Japanese ships without coastal bombardment aren't worth a damn, but you might want to make coastal fortresses buildable from an earlier date. As it is, coastal bombardment is too powerful.

Comment

El and Henrik; Guys I am NOT looking for you to question the historical accuracy of my work. The units work the way I want them to.

What I'm after are glitches, bugs, and mistakes. Does a Russian city start out building a British unit? Is a specific game message garbled? These are the things I'm looking for now.

Thanks.
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Exile, the ship movement rates in the pedia are wrong. Examples: Gunboats supposedly move 11, but in-game, move only 5. Steamers supposedly move 23, but in-game move only 10.

Is this an intended side effect of the compromise you had to use to get the high ship movement rates? If so, my bad Just checking though.

Comment

Yep, right you are WF.

Yes, the pedia movement numbers are all way off. Ignore them. Yes, it is a side-effect of the change in the road movement mulitplier. I'll put something in the readme to clarify this in the final version. You might check the defense minister's report to see if the numbers are accurate there.

Thanks.
          Lost in America.

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Exile, can you please, Send me the files in my e-mail or tell me where to pick them up, its a little hard to find!!
              "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

The finsished version is done.

I just finished putting the final touches on it. As far as I can tell, all the little stupid mistakes and problems have been ironed out. The scenario works the way I want it to, and everything functions as intended.

I'd like to hear a bit more from the folks I sent the test version to. If you want the latest version with all the fixes, leave your email here and I'll send the next one along. I've been playing it quite a bit, from all the civs, and can't find any more things to correct.

Soundwave, send me an email and we'll talk.
                Lost in America.

Comment

henrik.lohmander@telia.com
                  No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

m_carreras@hotmail.com

I just discovered that I can't build Field Artillery as Japan..

Comment

sor_richards@hotmail.com

Comment

winterfritz_21@hotmail.com

Comment

Exile, how can i e-mail you, i dont know your e-mail??

I thought it would have been in you info, but i was wrong.

Comment

exile@gbronline.com
                            Lost in America.

Comment

Exile: is there any particular reason why the manufactured goods unit doesn't ignore ZOC? I ask because I'm playing a game where some of my intrepid traders have become stranded in the Alps due to the AI constantly moving their units nearby

Comment

Yes.

This was intentional, for two reasons;

1.) This scenario is a primarily naval and trade scenario. It's weighted heavily toward those two aspects. I want coastal cities, therefore, to be more attractive as potential trade termini. If you venture into the interior of an empire, you take the chance of getting "stuck."

2.) I also want empires to have the ability to keep hostile trade units OUT of their territories. How many times has a trade unit insinuated itself inside your empire and made things "difficult" because it occupied the wrong square at the wrong time? I experimented both ways with this, and was very satisfied with the rigid zone of control.

Btw, I'm still tweaking little things here and there. Put in some new unit graphics tonight, and updated the readme file.
                                Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
                                X