Looking for Darth Veda's Jap scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *lets off steam about rediculous bugs*

Well I was going to live with them and just move on and then a rubble pile took one of my cities. That was the icing on the cake...

Back to the notepad. Time to fix these bugs.

I did badly bloody the Americans though

I'll playtest it more tomorrow. I'm a little steamed at my own stupidity for now.

Comment

• Just to let you all know I'm still tweaking #14

Comment

• I'm currently working on a plan to use CSPL to augment the Civ2 AI in addition to using the nemo-style events.txt AI tweaks (moveunit).

Some things I have planned:
        • AI responds to where you have units AND what cities you have, moving units and resources accordingly
        • AI hides units until its turn so the Japanese player can't intercept them before the Allies can move them
        • Units that spawn with objectives
        • If Angelo ever gets the attack thread working (crosses fingers) I might even work in some tweaks reguarding just how many units were destroyed in a particular area.

The events.txt will handle some dolling out of standard defense units and some things that are easier for the AI than sea-combat. They will also handle monthly and strategic objectives.

Comment

• Got back to work on Kyokujitsu after doing some inspirational searching. Here's a little field gun I whipped up.
          Attached Files

Comment

• bump

Comment

• does this mean that something new has developed in the status of the scenario?

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthVeda
                In any case, I give you Ki-21!
                Great work as usual Darth!

But

In my pictures this is a Ki21-IIb (Otsu) variant (post 1942). It has a turret on top of the fuselage. 1937/40 Sallies had a glazed canopy instead.

Alas, as if anyone cares...
                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• I could always redraw it for earlier in the game...

November 1941 - February 1942

Japan Declares War on United States

Japanese Ki-21 bombers arrived over Clark Field early December 8th to open the war against the Americans. Almost 100 American bombers and other aircraft were destroyed on the runways. The nearly 300 bombers and fighters then moved on to the American fleet moored in Manila harbor. Several cruisers and destroyers were sent to the bottom.

Within moments of the bombardment, 30,000 Japanese set ashore outside Bontoc north of Manila. A few hours later, 90,000 troops and tanks landed on the outskirts of Manila bay and immediately started advancing on the city itself. Shelling was underway before noon.

Half a world away, hundreds planes took the the sky to sink the main American fleet at Pearl Harbor. By mid-day, the entire American fleet was burning or sunk.

The battleship Ise sailed into striking distance of the American harbor to finish off several destroyers that were attempting to get under way.

Although the opening attack was a great success, the Carrier Zuikaku, as she was sailing home past Midway, was sunk by planes based out of Midway. Dutifully, her commander went down with the ship. A destroyer was dispatched to rescue the survivors.

South Pacific Falls Quickly

Japanese naval marines and army troops seized most of Borneo, Guinea, and the Philippines during January and March. Oil from Borneo was rushed to Tokyo to relieve fuel supply problems that had begun to crop up since Americans cut supplies in the summer.

Japanese merchant marine showed their efficiency when they delivered more than 300,000 soldiers to the South Pacific theater in less than two months. These soldiers quickly secured the American naval base at Davao after coming ashore to the South and the North.

The only resistance cells that remain are in Southern Borneo, Western Guinea, and the islands of Java and Sumatra. Japanese field commanders expect them to surrender just as easily as the Americans have in Wake, Guam, and all of Philippines.

Victory over British Garrison in Singapore

The British surrendered Singapore in early Febuary after a short Japanese campaign down the penninsula. The British commanders surrendered after Japanese general Tomoyuku Yama****a forced them onto the island of Singapore, where the British forces had no access to fresh water.

Although outnumbered 3:1, Yama****a's forces proved the superior of the cowardly British.

American and Filipino forces surrenduring in the Philippine capmaign:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I'm glad to see Darth hasn't abandoned this.
                    Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Darth, Can I download the finished part of this from anywhere?

Pap

Comment

• I don't have parts 8-13 available to the general public just yet since my computer is about 550 miles away but you can get up to part 8 or so from the following address:

I guess I can upload the rest when I get back from vacation.

Comment

Working...
                        X