Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Eddie, further to my difficulty with tribes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Eddie, further to my difficulty with tribes.

I was wondering last night whether I might have put the City file back in the wrong font, so last night I went at it again and made sure it was in Times New Roman.

This time the game worked, though it didn't have my list of cities. It didn't hang up, and I played along at least until I picked up a couple of goody-huts.

But the tribe list was still mashed, with large gaps in it.

Does this give you any more thoughts on the matter?

Jim W

Maybe I missed something discussed previously... What do you mean by changing the font to "Times New Roman"???
    Do you mean you're editing the city.txt with WordPad/Write or anything similar? When that's the case that is most likely the cause of the error. Those programs put in code to take care of lay-out and such, making it an invalid file.
    When you edit the city.txt with Notepad everything should do fine (considering the previous notes from others).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm just guessing, but in your cities list you have @Bahler while in the rules.txt you have Bahleri. You need to use the plural noun form of the tribe name in the cities list ["Romans" rather than "Roman" or "Rome"].

Comment

First answer:

I was taling to my wife tonight, and told her about how I'd done the editing in WordPerfect, then saved it to text.

Her response was that's probably a big part of the problem, because WP or Word, or any of the word-processors will put in various headers and stuff that won't go in on Notepad, thus mucking up the whoe thing.

Second answer: The city and tribe is Balher, the people (and the adjective) are Balheri.

Now I've got to go and see if I can do these things with Notepad and make them work.

Of course, any further hints and suyggestions will be very welcome.

Jim W

Comment

Stay in notepad!

Comment

Working...
          X