Need File "Civ Forever" badly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need File "Civ Forever" badly!

It has been a long time since I've been here - I hope everyone has been well!

I know this is off topic, but I haven't had any help elsewhere and y'all never let me down before.

Sometime ago, on my NT at an old job, I downloaded a program called Civ Forever. It altered saved games to allow you to play forever WITH scoring. I wiped it off when I left that job and have NEVER been able to find a working copy on the net again. I found it on one site (HiCiv) but their file is corrupt. Help! (Apolyton and Civ Fanatics don't seem to have it. If you know better please tell me.) Thank y'all - Civ II forever!

I heard that if you play till 2019 (deity level) then change game year to 2021 then you can continue to play with score. Change game year is relatively easy, I suppose.

Comment

How can altering the game year be done? Simple hex editing, I assume. Can any one point me to instructions on this matter?

Comment

can't you just edit the game year under the editor menu?

Comment

Using the Editor makes the CHEAT appear on your score. I want to avoid this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobite1688
            Using the Editor makes the CHEAT appear on your score. I want to avoid this.
            oh sure, why not, its not like you would be cheating or anything

Comment

I downloaded Hex Workshop and used Allard Höfelt document on hex editing to accomplish what I wanted. H Tower, (my fellow East-Central Illinois resident) I don't feel that playing beyond 2020 is cheating. First of all, the year 2020 is awful arbitrary. Moreover, I have been playing a personal version of Civ II that is part Facist Patch and part Nanotech Mod. Every tech slot is needed to get to A.C., so games have been running long for me. I'm glad I learned to hex edit a little bit, but I am still shocked that the Civ Forever utility is gone from the net forever. What will become of us all?

Comment

Woah, another person from Central Illinois! i gave up finding anyone near me who posted at poly. Charleston? i think my enviromental biology profesor said there was a old/dnagerous nuclear reactor there...

Comment

*bump*

O.K., there is not as much here as I remember there being. But my question is: Unfortunately, my shareware hex-editor expired and I have not downloaded another. Can somebody recomend a good freeware hex editor?

For that matter, did anybody ever find the civforever utillity I began this thread for? I know I have not.

Comment

Here's a nice free hex editor:

It IS freeware, but there is a popup asking you for a registration code, just so the author would know who used it etc. Unfortunately, the website dedicated to this program doesn't exist anymore... He luckily made a generic unlock code, though. I registered when the site was still active and got an automated message back. Enough talk, here's the registration code (or at least, I think it is, since I'm working from memory, but I remember because it resembles the max civ2 world size for FW ): 112029

On another note... Have you tried HiCiv again? How was the file corrupted? I can download and open it just fine (I haven't tested it though)... I've attached it for your convenience:
                    Attached Files
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Ahh, the wonder of it all...it works! I tried several time before. Either he fixed it, which I doubt (I don't think the site has been updated in a while) or my PC was playing tricks on me. Either way, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X