No announcement yet.

Would anybody be interested in this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the number of times I've gotten egg on my face lately ( ) I'm loath to post anything without the darned manual right in front of me but I think I can in this case.

The bug you're talking about occurs with the "TRIGGERATTACKER" switch (and apparently "TRIGGERDEFENDER" as well) whereby the buffer isn't cleared after the first time the trigger is activated (unless one runs delevent I guess).
    The ANYBODY switch is intrinsically variable and shouldn't have this problem.
    However as the event below also uses TRIGGERATTACKER to define who gets the gold, it should thereafter be the French who always profit regardless of the civ killing the English unit.

Please please please nobody tell me I'm wrong

Comment

Update

I've just about finished work on this project, and I'm fairly happy with the way its turned out.
      However, I've decided to delay its release untill December on the grounds that I'm going to include lots of tricks I worked out in this scenario in my SDC entry, and I don't want any of my rivals for the SDC Crown getting a look at what I'm entering
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

About that event . . .

I wasn't aware that the triggerattacker thing worked at all. AFAIK, you must create an individual event for each civ for this kind of thing. I just finished doing this for a scen of mine.
        Lost in America.
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Anybody's buffer gets cleared properly?

/me reworks Dual Euro events
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Case did this scenario get into the contest?
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

No, it did not. Hmm...
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Anybody does not work properly, but in general that doesn't matter as it's usually only used in one time events
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                  Case did this scenario get into the contest?
                  No, I couldn't find a map that I liked, and I ended up having to drop all work on my SDC entry (not this scenario, but one on the Seven Years War) in favour of university.

I really should finish this scenario off. It was looking pretty cool when I ceased work on it in may.
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

case, would you mind in sending me the map you will use?

Comment

case, would you mind in sending me the map you will use?

good idea this scenario btw

Comment

It's the same map as in Cruel Sea, isn't it?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

It's the same map as in Cruel Sea, isn't it?
                          Yep, it's exactly the same map.

Comment

Working...
                          X