ToTEdit - the Resurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToTEdit - the Resurrection?

I don't have Civ3 yet but it should be with me soon. However, if what the Civ 3 forums are telling me is correct, Civ3 has f*** all scenario support. I mean NO EVENTS or any kind of scripting language!

So I was thinking of resurrecting ToTEdit. My prime reason for not continuing with this was that Civ3 was coming out and therefore will be better than Civ2 for scenarios.

Comments? thoughts? apathy?

Go for it my man

I for one would kiss the ground you walk on if this program made it easier to make ToT Scenarios. I am afraid I won't be able to help since I am a program language moron.
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I would love it!
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Good, but...

...what about "Civ3Edit" ?
        Blah

Comment

I think ToTEdit might be within the scope of a single individual. Civ3Edit would require a whole company!

While I'm hopeful of ultimate success in our efforts to get Civ3 fixed, it will probably take a while. So I'd be very interested in your project, Miner. I can envision fabulous scenarios in ToT. It's just so bloody much work. Anything to make it easier will be a great help. Go for it!
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Please do it!!
            "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

I've been out of the loop, aside from arguing with Romanian racists on the civ3 civilizations forum, so bear with me.

Civ3 has f'd the scenario support? Can't say I'm surprised. Hell I didn't even know civ3 was released until right now. But, could someone point me in the direction of threads that explain this?

I trust some of you sleaguers and hold your opinions in high regard. From the scenario designer's standpoint, should I invest in civ3? I get the feeling that it sounds like CTP, and I'm only a poor college kid with little money at my disposal, so I'm not willing to experiment.
              Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
                From the scenario designer's standpoint, should I invest in civ3?
                No. As things currently stand, Civ 3 comes with no scenarios and no means of making scenarios
                The single player game is meant to be good though (if buggy)
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Thanks Case, that's all I really needed to know. It sucks, but I lost faith in civ after CTP and the lack of interest in ToT. However, ToT shall remain the supreme designing engine, despite the fact that noboby plays it. I better release my scenario soon so all 5 members of the ToT community can play it.
                  Re-elect Bush!

Comment

This 20% of the community is waiting impatiently!
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
                      despite the fact that noboby plays it.
                      Well this nobody would greatly appreciate it also.

Comment

Civ3 comes tith it's own scenario editing application, and I seriously doubt they wouldn't support future additions to it based on what I have seen and read here:

Comment

Originally posted by Buffy
                          Civ3 comes tith it's own scenario editing application, and I seriously doubt they wouldn't support future additions to it based on what I have seen and read here:

http://civ3.com/devupdate.cfm
                          Well, there is one problem. You can't seem to add units or cities to the map in Civ 3, and there are no flat maps. Check out Tecumseh's Open Letter. It turns out that despite all the flowery predictions/propoganda, scen makers are really screwed
                          I refute it thus!
                          "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Finish ToTEdit. Right now, all we can do with Civ3 is make minor modifications to the rules, like a quick rules.txt visit in Civ2.
                            *grumbles about work*

Comment

ATM Scenario designing would require far too much micromanagement (with cultural borders and things like that) to be realistically made. If you wanna check it out just download a good copy off of KAZAA. It's a good 132 mb zipped and around 700 installed...but it's enough to let you see what you're working with.
                              Administrator at
                              www.quantum9.com
                              Visit the forums!
                              www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

Working...
                              X