X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Villas

Originally posted by Palaiologos
    Roman Villa graphics that Fairline has requested.
    Excellent work Palaiologos
    Thanks
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• I don't think that railroad gun is the Dora, tanelorn. It is too small, and the Dora, of which you speak, needed two parallel railroads to move, I only see one... BTW, IIRC, only one Dora was deployed by the 11th Army (Manstein). Also, the second was later deployed by Kesselring in Italy.

This drawing of it gives a rather good impression of its scale:

It used 800 mm shells!

I'd guess the railroad gun above is either one of the WWI French or German ones. (?)

Furthermore, see this drawing for comparison with the unit above:
      Attached Files
      No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
      - Niccolo Machiavelli
      LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
      CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

• Does anybody have a mill graphic of some sort?(wind mill etc.)
        Either a terrain or a city improvement.

Thanks.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• The dora rail gun was a truly monstrous beast of a munition!

A weapon that is so illustrative of the German genius for engineering!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Very nice, as usual

Hey this thread is getting unwieldy, as FMK and I were talking about. Anyone have ideas how to make it more accesible and user-friendly?
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• One thing you could do is talk the admin into deleting old post that do not have graphics. Another thing that just popped into my head is have people go back through and edit their obsolete posts to reflect that status. Both of those would take quite a while though.
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Originally posted by The ANZAC
                Very nice, as usual

Hey this thread is getting unwieldy, as FMK and I were talking about. Anyone have ideas how to make it more accesible and user-friendly?
                Was someone going to undertake the task of compiling all the Alex/Nemo and Alex/Nemo style units, starting with the WWII units? Hmmm?
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The ANZAC
                  Having a set of different threads for different types of graphics is an idea. Perhaps posts discussing the units could be deleted a week after they're made?

BTW Curt: I don't think that I did much (if anything) to the unit you've given me partial credit for. From memory it was made by BeBro.
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• If it hasn't been done already, these gfx are in desperate need of compilation into downloads. I'd agree with Case, the conversation has less longterm interest than the pics. Once we agree on categories, I could help with some. What would work best: icon type, era, artist(s)?

Has anyone made an icon of a WWI Holt Tractor? This would be for an improvement, not an unit.

Here's a link: http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/U...rmored-halftra
                    and a photo:
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Photo (one from the link via the IMG control) didn't seem to work. Mebbe as an upload instead:
                      Attached Files
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• I'm going to try splitting the thread into:
                        Ancient
                        Medieval
                        Industrial
                        WW2
                        Post-Vietnam
                        Cities & Icons

This won't be completed until the weekend.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Good luck and my condolences to your sanity and love life.

P.S. Instead of Post-Vietnam , why not label it modern and include all post WWII. And if you want you can tell me to go to hell.
                          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• How, exactly, am I supposed to distinguish between WW2 and post-WW2 stuff?
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X