Presenting 'Raging Dragon'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's the grafic.

I'd also like to inquire as to why the missile boats have a cruise missile flag on them (ie: destroyed after attacking).
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by Mao
      I'd also like to inquire as to why the missile boats have a cruise missile flag on them (ie: destroyed after attacking).
      Two reasons:
      a) To make them appropriatly powerful without causing them to be overused
      b) To simulate the vulnerability of missile boats

Anyway they're dirt cheap so don't see this as a problem

BTW, did you encounter the same problems with the missile boat attack message that Jimmywax did?
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Actually, I've kinda learned to ignore those messages because when I play WWII scenarios I always get messages like "Winston Churchill attack near London!" when I get hit with a V1/V2/Okha. And other weird messages like that. I'll pay more attention to it now if you want.
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I had a really weird one the other day that told me a Despot attacked me by Frankfurt. I had no units anywhere close to Frankfurt.
          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Case,

I was just wondering. Is there any reason why you did the scenario without sound?
            This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
              Case,

I was just wondering. Is there any reason why you did the scenario without sound?
              Mainly because I never play civ with the speakers on

Also, I wanted to keep the size of the download as small as possible.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Fantastic scenario Case, probably the best modern warfare scenario I've played. I'm puzzled however as why you didn't choose to include nuclear weapons in the scenario? I thought they would play a fairly major part in a war like this.
                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
                  I'm puzzled however as why you didn't choose to include nuclear weapons in the scenario? I thought they would play a fairly major part in a war like this.
                  I agree, it isn't realistic. I included nukes in earlier versions of the scenario, but I found that the scenario quickly degenerated into a dull nuclear slug-fest, instead of the major conventional war I was hoping for

I may include nuclear weapons in 'Raging Tiger' - the scenario modified for play as India (should I ever finish it )

Comment

Suggestion

How about 'Raging White Guys' designed to be played as NATO

Comment

Hey ,I take offense to the term 'White Guys'. I prefer to be called a 'Cracker' .
                      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

mmm, given NATO's reputation a better title might be 'Artifically Excited PR Executives'

Comment

Working...
                        X