Presenting 'Raging Dragon'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting 'Raging Dragon'

After about a years work I've finished my first scenario, 'Raging Dragon'. It is set in 2000 and covers a hypothetical war between China and Russia.
    I just submitted it to civfanatics.com, so it should be downloadable in the next few days.

Now here are some in-game pictures:

first, the map:
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

now, the Chinese advance in Siberia
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

And finally, the Central-Asian front:
      Attached Files

Comment

And here's the all the units:
        Attached Files

Comment

AAAUUUGH! Look at that map! Turns are going to take FOREVER.
          But other than that, looking good...checking out civfanatics now.
          "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

actually i playtested it and turns didnt take that long.
            Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

'azz...

Wonderful work, Case... better than mine!
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Lookin' Good

Can't wait to download this, let's hope CivFanatic isn't lazy and uploads this soon! Vite, vite!!
                Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

well, he updated the site today, but apprently this one wasn't included

Comment

Where did my initials go?

Case why have the units on the bottom two rows retained the artists initials but not those in the main box? I count 15 of my units missing my initials. How are future ppl supposed to credit me correctly?

The scenario looks like nice work, and I look forward to playing this shortly.
                    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

note the message at the bottom of the image: "see readme for artistic credits"
                      Dammit!! Civfanatics have made another update, but they haven't added this scenario!! I've made CivFanatics my homepage so I can easily check if it's been added. Hehe, I don't think I've been this much excited about a scenario before, don't ask me why, but I think Case's effort might be the gem I've been waiting for.

Comment

I`ve played it, and it is well worth the wait, believe me.
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Re: Where did my initials go?

Originally posted by Andrew Livings
                          Case why have the units on the bottom two rows retained the artists initials but not those in the main box? I count 15 of my units missing my initials. How are future ppl supposed to credit me correctly?
                          Andrew, I used the scenario editor in civ2 to edit the units file, and for some strange reason this always cuts off signitures. The units one the bottom don't appear in the scenario, and were pasted on just to use up that blank space and were never effected by the editor - hence the signitures showing up. But don't worry, you're fully credited in the readme for your excelent work.

Dracon, I'm blushing

Comment

would someone be able to email me a copy? Or is it too large?
                            If not: cliff@mullum.com.au

Comment

Dracon, if you'll stick up it on your site, then I'll send you a copy as soon as I get home (about 5 pm Australian time).

Comment

Working...
                              X