Yet Another Secret Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Secret Project

Yes, I too have a secret project. I am hoping that this one will actually someday be finished for people to play it.

Master on High (aka Fast Eddie) is playtesting an early version for me at the moment, so this hopefully won't vanish into oblivion like so many other secret projects that have come before.

In the meantime, I'll post a few unit icons, a la Polaris to torment you all and create false anticipation.
    Attached Files

Great War?

Comment

oops
      Thats what the first post said
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

It's another WWII scenario! This one has America in it.
        The strategically impaired,
        -Cal

Comment

If it's what you told me over ICQ, Scott, I know what it is.

That unit is very nice.

Is this the same project I helped you with the rivers on the map?
          Please Visit:
          http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

From the direction of the unit (?) i hope that its a WW2 Scenario set in the pacific. its been well never done before to have a decent one Anyway heres hoping
            Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Looks WWI to me. After all, that was the Great War, wasn't it? Hey, mabey its about America somehow joining the Germans instead of the Allies in WWI? Why not?

Ioanes
              Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
              http://john.jfreaks.com
              -The Artist Within-

Comment

Something looks mighty funny about that unit...German machine gunner (you can see the tip on the guys helmet) with an American flag? Alt. history? Turtledove?
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Ahhhhh good point. If that is so even better! YAY! i love turtledove. I have every book of his i think. apart im missing one from the WW2 AH books. well ill be tuning into this room to see the developments. But in Turtledoves world the US invent helmets and give them to the germans

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Good guesses, all.

I'll definitively say that it isn't a World War 2 scenario, though.

Now more eye candy for more guessing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

ALRIGHT! History rewriting!

The confederates won the civil war and are a seperate nation. Things go on fine untill the Great War breaks out in Europe. Then the Yankies and the Confederates are pulled into the fray and are at each others throats again!

I've heard of the Author and the Book, but I can't recall their names! AGH!

Eitherway, it looks good. Might want to fix the spike on the helmet, its off. Move it further right so it doesn't look like its off center to the helmet.

Ioanes
                      Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                      http://john.jfreaks.com
                      -The Artist Within-

Comment

The books are by Harry Turtledove and they are.

How Few Remain.
                        Great War: American Front
                        Great War: Walk in Hell
                        Great War: Breakthroughs

The Confederates win the civil war in 1862 because the orders for lees march were never found by the Yankees thus Lee takes battle where he wants (Camp Hill) He wins and lincoln pulls more soildiers back from the west and Braxton Bragg Takes Kentucky for the CSA. England and France force meditation on the USA.

Then in 1881 a generation after the civil war the CSA buys two provinces off Mexico so that they can link up to the Pacific Ocean. The USA doesnt like this and declares war. England, France and the CSA beat 7 shades of **** out of them apart from in Montana Territory where a Force commanded by General George Custer with a Volonteer regiment headed by Teddy Roosevelt himself beats back the British. All through this Germany is trying to make an Alliance with the USA because it sees a lot of potential.

Then 1914. ArchDuke Ferdinand dies And everything that would happen in OTL happens but the CSA is part of the Quad Entente and the USA is part of the Triple Alliance.

Let Battle Commence.

Of Course if i am wrong then ill look stupid lol

Comment

Someone got it right, but I'm not going to say who. That would be telling.

It should be pretty obvious soon. In the meantime, I am looking for a few really dedicated playtesters (not a bunch of playtesters who will take the scenario and then never send me any feedback).

And another preview image:
                          Attached Files

Comment

polaris2k_99@yahoo.com

Send it by and I'll playtest for you.
                            Please Visit:
                            http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Me!

send it to aznlove@aznraps.com

Comment