Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events

I read about "events". How do you make those? For example, If a civilization discovers a particular technology, then a new unit shoul appear on the map.

If you have CiC, FW, MGE, or ToT, you should read macro.txt.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

But I don´t have any of those (I think). There is no macro.txt in my version. What does those names stands for?

Comment

Civ2
        The original release, version 1.00 up to 2.42 (a freely available patch, available HERE, among other places).

CiC
        CivilizationII Scenarios: Conflicts in Civilization (version 2.62, there´s also a small update to this version HERE, for instance)
        The first add-on, including the first version of an events language as well as several scenarios.

FW
        CivilizationII Fantastic Worlds (version 2.78)
        The second add-on, including an upgraded events language, more scenarios and scenario editing tools.

MGE (dunno which version, higher than 2.78 obviously, the latest patches, again, are available HERE)
        CivilizationII Multiplayer Gold Edition
        A stand-alone version adding multiplayer, includes the previous two add-ons. Also known as UCC (CivilizationII: Ultimate Classic Collection). MGE is often used when referring to any multiplayer version (I believe), including the multiplayer add-on, which requires a previous version of Civ2, in contrast with MGE/UCC.

ToT
        CivilizationII: Test of Time
        A new Civ2, based on the same game-engine, but with a different interface and different graphics. Also adds new variants of the game, such as a fantasy game, a science-fictional game and the possibility of continuing to play on Alpha Centauri. This version is not compatible with any of the previous versions.

To see which version you have, go to File > Game Options and check the title bar of that window.

Did that clear everything up?
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

So I can´t make events if I only have the original Civ2? Any tips on how i can do the thing I mentioned before (create units when you have researched a certain advance)?

Comment

Nope, no can do. You´ll have to get some newer version.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
            X