No announcement yet.

For whom the Bells Toll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrhh, Geocities doesn't want to be my friend today!! So I'll just give the addresses and you can click on them if you like. Where are those moderators when you need them...
    www.geocities.com/augusta/fairway/2116/1strelease.gif www.geocities.com/augusta/fairway/2116/alliedtanks.gif www.geocities.com/augusta/fairway/2116/gertanks.gif www.geocities.com/augusta/fairway/2116/infantry.gif www.geocities.com/augusta/fairway/2116/warplanes.gif

------------------
    ""I had hoped we were hurling a wildcat on the shore, but all we got was a stranded whale!"-Winston Curchill on the Battle of Anzio

"Quis custodes ipsos custodiet?" -Juvenal

"I can walk!!" -Dr. Strangelove
    [This message has been edited by The ANZAC (edited March 26, 2001).]
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Gocities doesn't let you link externally to the image files, so what everybody willing to see the files have to do, is copy and paste the link into their browser adress bar, or, click on the link, and then goto the adress bar and pulse return when the Geocities problem page appears. It works.

[This message has been edited by Fiera (edited March 26, 2001).]
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Sorry for this double post, I messed things up!

[This message has been edited by Fiera (edited March 26, 2001).]
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Fiera: Just realized that about Geocities; well the addresses are there if you need them.

Nemo: I checked the first page again and nothingshowed up not even alliedtanks.gif. They're all at Geocities. No rush on the graphics, I 'll be waiting...

------------------
          ""I had hoped we were hurling a wildcat on the shore, but all we got was a stranded whale!"-Winston Curchill on the Battle of Anzio

Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

ANZAC:
            No question, the Allied Tanks are always there when I open the thread. The other graphics on page 1 never appear but if I leave page 2 open for a while I also get the Planes, Infantry and German tanks. Never the Russian Tanks.
            Maybe there is a shorter time-out limit set by Apolyton for loading files? I should check some of my graphic files too.

Comment

Very interesting!
              I now can see all the gif files if I use the "Back" and "Forward" arrows in the Internet Explorer to navigate back to one of the pages I opened.
              Any idea why?

Comment

Whoa! That is really weird... well if you want to see the graphics, just use back and forward I guess.

------------------

Comment

Hmmm, the back/forward thing doesn´t work with my IE...

And the Russian tanks don´t appear because they aren´t on my old webspace, but they are on my new site (signature )

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Civ2000 hosted by CivII Universum

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited March 28, 2001).]
                  Blah

Comment

Right now everything shows up for me when I use the Back/Fwd keys, including the Russian tanks, BeBro.

Not really sure how that works:

1.I open page 1 get just the Allied Tanks and "red X" for the rest
                    2.I open page 2 get all red X
                    3.Use "Back" key on MS Explorer and I now get all the graphics on page 1
                    4.Then use "Fwd" key and now I get all the graphics on page 2

Very weird

Comment

Working...
                    X