Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to be a mil...err...legionaire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to be a mil...err...legionaire?

Ok, I have an English beta of Imperium Romanum (Fantastic Worlds) finished and need some testers, lets say four or five.
    Any volunteers who have enough time to:

-testplay (over 400turns), perhaps more than once
    -do a bit spell checking
    -are interested in ancient history to look for "historical" mistakes (this point is of course not sooo important, you can play without being an history expert, but it would be nice... )

So, if you are interested, give me a mail adress and I´ll mail the scn to you in the next days...Thanks

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

I'll do the latter two points. I will also see if I can do some testplay over the weekend, but I can't promise.

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.
    -George W. Bush

Shahan Shah Eran ud Aneran

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Thanks Stefan!
      I´ll send it tomorrow to you...

------------------
      Civ2000
      Blah

Comment

Currently I'm yelling like an Ulsterite for a bug I discovered on my A-she-na scenario - and I still haven't it fixed yet - and creating another two ( "Skumand" and "Chan Kuo vers. 2.0" ), but i think i can get a look at least for the last two points...
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Those graphics are awesome! Wish I could draw like that...

Yes, I wanna playtest, i'll figure out a way to get enough time in for it.

warvoid@aol.com

------------------
          The Arabic CivII Site

"Why are Muslims better than Jews you ask? Haven't you people ever heard of harems?"
          -WarVoid

REMEMBER BLACK SATURDAY, SCARLET TUESDAY, SPINK & YYYH!

Comment

An amazing work, BeBro!

Your drawing skills seem to have improved, which I thought was almost impossible!

I'm sorry I can't be of any help since my English is very poor, and I don't even have time to finish my own projects...

Just wanted to pop in to say... keep up the excellent work!

------------------
            Rather be first in a village than second at Rome
            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I want to be a Hoplite Bebro .
              I'm interested in all points, my english well i can always ask for help .

DaiVietVu@netscape.net

Comment

I think I'll playtest... The scenario looks amazing, and I don't have too much to do (my scenario efforts is ack to the ideas stage, I'll put it on hold for a while)... use my profile email which is lokinyeung@home.com if you don't want to bother to check.
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

Thanks guys!

Ok, then I have WarVoid and Shadowstrike as testers, Stefan and Prometeus as "correctors"

VietMinh, you are welcome as a tester, but I´ll inform you that currently you can´t be a hoplite, because only the Romans are playable now, events for other civs aren´t finished now...If this is ok for you, I´ll send it to you, too.

Fiera, don´t worry

I have also received some mails about playtesing, so there are enough testers (for now ). I´ll send the scn within the next five hours. Thanks again!

------------------
                  Civ2000
                  Blah

Comment

*whistles for Sub Wars*

Looking good, Bernd.
                    Please Visit:
                    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Sure i'll be serving the Imperium Romanum or should i say Senatus Populusque Romanus.

Comment

Thanks, George SubWars comes next year...

Ok, I just sent the scenario to all of you (also to you VietMinh, hope you like playing as Romans Edit: just read your last post ).
                        I also included some info in the mail, because the English ReadMe textfile ins´t finished now.

The scenario uses multiple events (first time for me), I hope they work well. The events are changed when a special historic period is finished (not in the same turn intervalls).

So, perhaps someone has an idea for events later in the game? I mean, the last of the four Roman eventsfiles has currently some free eventsspace, because I´m unsure what events I should include then. This last file is used after 27BC to the end (115AD), so if you suggest some historic events, they should fit in this time.

------------------
                        Civ2000
                        [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited November 24, 2000).]
                        Blah

Comment

Prometeus, I´ve sent the scn to you and received an mail error, should I try your profile mail adress again (or another one?)

All others should have it in the mailbox...

------------------
                          Civ2000
                          Blah

Comment

Try again... If this doesn't work, please report me which kind of error is spotted.
                            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Its hard trying to push southward, even with the "improved" legions. On the other hand Bernd, a strategy that's worked for me is to leave a legion fortified on a hill next to an Independant city. The Samnites smash their forces against it and I get a whole lot of Legions for free... I don't know if you really want that to happen though...
                              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                              X