Max Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Cities

I have been doing my city placement for my 1400 scen and have run out of cities :Grr:,

is there a way round the city limit?

please anyone!

------------------
    Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

I thought you started in the last days with this new scn. And you have "wasted" all 255 cities so fast? Wow

To answer your question, no, I think you can´t have more cities. Try to erase some of the smaller cities and simulate them with airbases or so...

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

Comment

BeBro,

Yes I started the scenario last week but I have not got college this week so I have been spending about 3-4 hours a day working on it

But back to the map problem,

Isn't there a way to hex edit it or something?

Otherwise I'll have to do the map again and make more use of the castle unit

------------------
      Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Why do you have to make the map again? Erase cities with Shift+D, then create these castles via cheat menue...

------------------
        Civ2000
        Blah

Comment

Perhaps a smaller map would help avoid having so many cities? Just a thought...

------------------
          Mathias' Civ II Page
          http://members.nbci.com/thalys
          The Lost Geologist Blog
          http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Why not just use 2 civ's and edit so the colors are the same for both civ's. And then set attitude to each other to 100. so they love each other.....
            That is what i would do.......

But i'm just a novice....

Edit: Just some grammar...
            [This message has been edited by kent-jo (edited October 25, 2000).]

Comment

If you ran out of cities on a single map, you obviously have too many damn cities too close to each other!

Comment

Not neccessarily. I've run out of cities on that map I showed you and I still need to add a lot more...all the cities are about 4-5 squares away from each other too.
                Administrator at
                www.quantum9.com
                Visit the forums!
                www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

C0ckney, a word of caution: don't have the max number of cities in a scenario unless you are very positive that the AI won't try to build additional ones. I found in my global WW2 scenario that in this situation you get the "Too many cities!" pop-up, and not just once, but every time the AI tries to settle that unit. So frequently three or more times every turn. It gets stale very quickly and I would strongly advise you to allow a fair number of cities to be founded in the game.
                  "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Yeah, the same thing happenned in my laughable WWI scenario.

------------------
                    St. Leo
                    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Oh, you're using a giga map... I can see that then. Cut down on the small useless cities (1-3 size) unless they have some historical significance.

Comment

Working...
                      X