No announcement yet.

My (not really secret) project ;-)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello BeBro! How the scenario going? Still need more ideas? Or help?
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

• BeBro: Barbarian cities CAN generate units, but it all depends on how many cities they have. Once the total number of Barbarian cities exceeds a certain threshhold (8?) they shut down production altogether. If you can live with 5 or 6 Barbarian cities, and given the lack of Event space, it may be worth trying.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kull, thanks for the info, but this time it seems that the Barbs produce, despite that there are around 20 cities in there hands. I need them to make the conquest of the northern regions more challenging, so I have Barb cities in Britain, Gaul and Germany. If all works correct you can expect lots of different Barb units attacking from the north (different Germans, Gauls, Celts and so on).

Shadowstrike, I´m working now very hard( ) on the first playable version. Most of the cities are placed, there are some more as in V1.0, but there is still enough place for new cities. Only in Hellas it´s a bit difficult, due to the map scale Sparta, Athens, Corinth and Thebes are close to eachother (but I think it´s ok so).
        Now the Independents are the biggest civ, their cities including some Greek colonies as well as Etruscan or Samnite cities. My idea is to make settlers obsolete for this civ, because this civ is only a "victim" for the great powers Rome, Carthage, and Macedonia... . However all the other civs have of course their settlers.
        Another idea: as said before I´ll inplement a rising level of difficulty, so that the first conquests for Romans and Macedonians are easier then the next. This can be done via the city improvements (walls/barracks) and with placing different defenders (movement 0, not to build) in the cities (this will mostly affect Barbs and Independent cities) so that the weakest defenders are in the cities near Rome/Pella, but when your troops advance deeper in enemy territory, they´ll encounter more dangerous opponents. But all these ideas have to be tested...
        Blah

Comment

• The idea of a rising level of difficulty seems fine to me: if need to be tested...it will be!

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 07-31-2000 06:10 AM
            ... Gauls, Celts ...

"... tertiam ( incolunt ) qui ipsorum lingua
            Celtae, nostra galli appellantur." Caesar, "De bello gallico".
            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

• Please Prometeus, share your wisdom with me ...I can´t read Latin, so what does your post say? Do you mean that gauls and celts are the same???
              Blah

Comment

• Yes, BeBro, it means exactly what you wrote in your previous post. Gauls and Celts are the same people.
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

• Ok, I know that Gauls were Celts, but I think not all Celts were Gauls...
                  Blah

Comment

• Ihr seid mir ja ein paar Strebertypen!!

Good work, BeBro!

Comment

• BeBro: Prometeus' quote comes from "The Gaulic War", the book that Caesar wrote and means as much as:
                      quote:

... in einem zweiten die Aquitaner und im dritten die Völker, die in der Landessprache Kelten heißen, bei uns jedoch Gallier.

(Piecing my knowledge of Latin together I was able to recognize the first sentence of Caesar's work )

------------------
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
                      -Mao Tse-Tung
                      God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
                      much screwed that whole idea..
                      -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Thanks Stefan, ich kann leider nur ein paar dumme Sprüche auf Latein

BTW, I have to admit that the Barbs now have done what Kull has said: shutdown of prod...
                        However, events will do this job.
                        Blah

Comment

• Good idea Civfan, but to late... , I´m close to the first playable betaversion , and I´ve chosen Rome, Macedonia, Carthage, Persia, Greece, Egypt and the metioned Independents. Ok, I know I had much to leave out, but I think it would be still a funny scn...
                          Blah

Comment

• "Funny" and "Fun" mean different things in good ol' English.

------------------
                            St. Leo
                            http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                            http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• "Funny" and "Fun" mean different things in good ol' English.

------------------
                              St. Leo
                              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• from your very first statement about what civ to replace the Germans (gauls) with, why not Parthia. It played a major role in the east as the destroyer of the Greek kingdoms in Bactia and Syria (Seluids) wrong spelling.. They can start really small, say a settler in the beginning... give them abit of advantage over the region. They were a major problem with Rome for 200 years.
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X