Historical question(s) for Kyokujitsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical question(s) for Kyokujitsu

What aircraft were flown by the Chinese and Japanese from 1937-1940, and could I get some pictures/links/stats of these aircraft?

Actually I reall just need Chinese Aircraft from 1937-1945

Comment

well I know of Col. Chennault's "Flying Tigers" mercenaries. They flew something, but you could have them as a unit. The Chinese airforce was in pretty bad shape and not modernized, so they probably had biplanes, but don't trust me on that one.
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Yup, Chennault, you said? the same "Black sheeps" squadron Chennault?
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

No, the "Black Sheep" were Pappy Boyington's squadron flying Corsairs in the Pacific as far as I know. General Chennault took over the American Airforce in China, the "Flying Tigers" who flew those Curtiss P-40s with the Tiger teeth painted on the nose. He took over in July 1942 but the Flying Tigers had been around since 38 or 39, I think, as a volunteer force of Americans helping the Chinese.

Comment

I know about the flying tigers... I really need to know what p.o.s. aircraft the Chinese flew. Not the tigers.

Comment

Yeah the flying tigers were about 41-42 anyway, but from what I know the chinise airforce was small and largely used for reconniance (sp?) and was certainly not on par woth the japanise (sp?), I dont know too much about the actual planes but I should imagine they were 1920-30s British and French designs (but don't quote me on that)
              well hope this helps

------------------
              Cockney used to be schizophereic but we'er ok now
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

IIRC the nationalist air force was huge in manpower, but greatly lacked any type of equipment. That doesn't help you much does it? sorry
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Okay... from what I gathered from my Pacific General CD...

FIGHTERS
                  ---1936---
                  Gloster Gladiator
                  I-16
                  I-15
                  ---1939---
                  P-40 Flying Tiger
                  P-40 Warhawk

TACTICAL BOMBERS
                  ---1936---
                  Martin B-10B

TANKS
                  ---1936---
                  PzlA
                  Vickers 6-Ton B
                  VCL M1931
                  L3/35 Tankette
                  ---1937---
                  T-26

I don't suppose those years are wholly accurate. I guess they could mean they appeared no later then the year quoted. As for pictures, I've no idea... I hope that's some help...

[This message has been edited by SixArmedMan (edited June 29, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks a bunch my friend!

Comment

Working...
                    X