• Show
Clear All

• Harry Tuttle
    replied
    Hey, better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Mercator
    replied
    I've made some progress yesterday. With a bit of luck, it'll be done by next weekend, including lengthy documentation.
    In the worst case, I forget about it again until you remind me some months from now... After which the same process repeats. I get a little closer to finishing it and quit again. In that case, it'll be about done by the end of this year.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Tuttle
    replied
    Ahhhhhh! What if I ask really nicely?

Leave a comment:

• Mercator
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
    Mercator, speaking of civ2 hacks, anything new with the auto file swapper?
    Ahem... It's been done since the last time I posted about it. But all sorts of personal problems have prevented me from writing the documentation, so I haven't released it yet... But thanks for reminding me... That doesn't mean I will actually finish it now, though.

Leave a comment:

• AGRICOLA
    replied
    @rmsharpe

Originally posted by rmsharpe
    Maybe he doesn't want to fool around with crazy coal, goofy graphics, and the rules.txt
    Thank you, but you're giving me credit for knowledge I do not have. I'm sure that Mercatore Uno is right in saying that

Originally posted by Mercatore Uno
    This should be common knowledge by now... You don't need to hexedit this.
    I really have no expertise in the more esoteric tricks of the scenario designer's art. The posts on this thread have been a real eye-opener to me.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Tuttle
    replied
    Thanks for bringing this up again Agricola. I thought a very good statement on what can be done with hex editing would be useful to all scenario creators, old and new.

Mercator, speaking of civ2 hacks, anything new with the auto file swapper?

Leave a comment:

• Panda
    replied
    You don't need to hexedit terrain under a city either: just amend the rules.txt so that terrain can be irrigated to turn into Glacier (or whatever) in one turn. Then create settlers for those civs in those cities, irrigate, then disband. Simple.

Leave a comment:

• rmsharpe
    replied
    Maybe he doesn't want to fool around with crazy coal, goofy graphics, and the rules.txt

Leave a comment:

• Mercator
    replied
    Re: What can be done with hex-editing

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
    3. Terrain - add river to a terrain square.
    This should be common knowledge by now... You don't need to hexedit this. It's even in the Hints, Tips & Guides subforum:
    http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66105

Leave a comment:

• yaroslav
    replied
    I'll add this to global:

To slow/accelerate the tech rate of a civ.

You can do it easily by changing the number of tech byte, discovered by great hex-editer SlowThinker.

I modified the famous, excelent Imperialism 1870 v2 of Exile because some players were finding it to go too quickly and Exile said that high tech paradigm values caused problems. I increased number of techs of all civs (except barbarians) so now the research is a slot slower.

Leave a comment:

• Cifer Almasy
    replied
    Thanks a lot!
    Well Glacier will be renamed "City" or "urban" or else and have a higher # of food of course.
    And dont worry about the improvements- I hadnt finished setting improvements inside most of the citys.

Many many thanks one more time.

Leave a comment:

• AGRICOLA
    replied
    You have 32 cities. I assume you would want all of them on a glacier. Have you considered that this might do some very unpleasant things to the food supply of the smaller cities.

I've looked at the cities and most have very few improvements. The easiest way to do what you want would be for you to use the cheat mode to to raze them, change the terrain, rebuild and add the improvements. It shouln't take more than 5 minutes per city. Don't worry about the lost wonders. The attached file has been hex edited so that they have not yet been built in London or Berlin.

This is one situation where hex-editing terrain is not the easiest way.

Good luck with your scenario.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cifer Almasy
    replied
    Oh sorry... the save:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cifer Almasy
    replied
    Ah well... ehm could one of you guys help a little?
    I got a problem.
    In the working progress of my scenario which shall be stackable I didnt realize the need of an urban terrain with a high defensive bonus under every single city´s square to balance the relation of defence to all the fortesses outside.
    I have placed about 20 citys yet but 2 of them got wonders inside and deleting them would make them lost, also I micromanaged every single one of it yet.

My request would be, if one of you could perhaps be so gentle and hex edit a "glacier" terrain under every existing city in my save (it really are not much citys yet). That would be too kind!

Leave a comment:

• AGRICOLA
    replied
    Originally posted by rmsharpe

2. Units - change number of charges on pre-charged settlers/engineers.
    I don't understand what you mean here.

If you put an engineer or settler to work (usually irrigate, mine or transform) and "wake" them before the work is completed, they retain the number of turns they have worked. Then, if they are put to work on another project the retained turns count towards the completion of the new project.

A very simple example would be that, if an engineer starts to irrigate a square on turn 1 and is activated at the beginning of turn 2, it can then be moved to a new location where it will by itself immediately complete a 2-turn project such as build a fortress, an airfield or a RR on plains or grassland that already has a road.

There is a current thread, "precharged engineers???" by boychuk in CFC's Civ2 - Strategy & Tips forum that deals with this in some detail.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X