Three Kingdoms scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Kingdoms scenarios?

I've found a few, including Zhanguo and Romance of the Three Kingdoms (probably from Civnations.net). They're both for Civ2 vanilla.

I have two questions.

1. How do I get them to work on Civ2 ToT?

2. Where can I find more of these China scenarios?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Civnations.net?

In principle, you can use Angelo Scotto's CivConverter (available at the Cradle of Civilization) to convert any old scenario to ToT... But it doesn't work everytime.

I tried converting both scenarios, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms didn't work. In fact, I couldn't even get it to work in CiC or FW, only on classic. I guess if it could be made to run there, it should also be convertable to ToT.

I did manage to convert Zhanguo (although the author played some nasty tricks with the terrain graphics). It *should* work, although you might encounter some oddities yet.

I can't help you with question 2, I'm afraid...

Oh and... Nice hat!
    Attached Files
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

AC

Are you still SMACing, I have been away and need to get back to it. I assume you have gone through the archieves here at Poly, I will search my old files as I saved everything in the old days, when there were far fewer scenarios.

Comment

I am still SMACing, although I don't recall your present username. Have you been reborn since the old days?

Thanks for checking!
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yes, I am a Morgan fan, so had a CEO name a few years ago and have been a Civ II fan since about '96 and first registered with Poly shortly therafter but always had trouble posting with my first Captain name. I did some posting on SMAC, but most was when I playtested for Captain Nemo. I still have to look through the old scenarios I kept on floppy discs.

Comment

I actually know a good bit about Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I've read the books, watched some episodes and of course played the games. I think I'm going to make a scenario on it. Any graphics or pointers would be appreciated.

Comment

Awesome!

What version of Civ2 are you making it for?

I have an 'enthusiastic' Chinese friend who would be able to volunteer information

As for basic scenmaking, I have some knowledge to get you started. If you need a hand, my email is Amazonian_mage@yahoo.com (because "Alinestra Covelia" is the name of an Amazonian mage, you see).
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Your signature phrase made me laugh
                i still dont understand who is in the pic!
                Attached Files

Comment

Probably for Civ2 Gold. I don't like TOT for some reason...Yeah, I'm a well-known member of the sanguo-online community where I used to always debate and learn more about RTK from diehard fans in Eastern Asia. My friend William made a map for the period and I'm going to use to place the cities....REALLY great map. I need to find a good China map. I might just use the one on CivFanatics but the terrain is all messed up and major rivers are missing so I'll have to edit it.

Comment

Working...
                  X