Pacific Map Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Map Help

Hello, I made the outline of a Pacific Gigamap for a scenario that I am working on.

However, after many failed attempts, I cannot get the terrain to look the way I want it to. The coastal outline is perfect in my opinion, but I cannot make the correct terrains for the correct area.

The map is 143 x 229, the maximum allowed size in Civ2.

What I am looking for is the following...
    -Someone to put rivers in the correct location
    -The rivers can be regular rivers or for the bigger rivers, they could be made as ocean rivers
    -Correct and realistic terrain placement on the whole map

Thank you very much to anyone who would take on this undertaking.

You can contact me at the following:
    AOLIM - PapWR17
    MSN - pap1723@hotmail.com
    E-Mail - pap1723@hotmail.com

Thanks again!

Pap
    Attached Files

And the file...
    Attached Files

Comment

The US coast looks kinda stretched, is that intentional? But...

In any case, I don't really have the time to actually edit the map, but I attached a rather large GIF image (approx. 2400x2000) of about 100K with lots of rivers. This might be of some help for you, or whoever ends up editing the rivers.

By the way, I made the map here:
      Attached Files
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

North American west coast is way too big. Baja isn't on the equator, and Australia is the size of all 48 continious US states, and not just California

Hawaii looks to be seriously missplaced as well - it should be a lot further to the north.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
        X