Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea

Just a simple idea, perhaps someone would find it interesting
    By events, You create an extremly costly, 0-movement, diplomat unit next to some civ that's not in war with You, and You change the lines that say " xx expell..."
    to "xx send reinforcements/mercenaries/people for work/slaves" or whatever, so the unit is brought to your capital, where You can disband it, building some costly and coveted unit.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Will would have to make it clear (via events/readme) that the created unit is for disbandment...
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can you affect the way that camels add shields to wonder projects? If you could make a camel of 200 or so shields then that would be a mighty boost to construction. You could maybe put the unit on GoTo to a nearby city likely to be constructing a wonder.

Comment

good idea

Originally posted by curtsibling
        Will would have to make it clear (via events/readme) that the created unit is for disbandment...
        But that could also be put in the changed expel text. And if the unit has 0 move and defense (and an appropriate name), there's little else you can do with it.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

While toying with the idea of a Star Wars scenario, I thought of unbuildable rebel "escape pods" in the place of partisans; no attack, no defense, poor movement, but they're invisible and cost like 300 shields, so if you could get one to a city/planet the rebels got a BIG production boost. Eventually I realized I was too lazy to make it, and it's probably been done, but as long as we were on the subject I thought I'd bring it up.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I gotta remember this one!
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I remember suggesting the disbanding method at CFC a couple of years ago for an Africa scenario. I can't remember who was making it, but he wanted slave units that would travel with your party and act as upkeep. It would be worth your while to protect these units from the terrors of the jungle, so that when you arrived at the camp, you could disband them and build some decent units. I'm not sure what happened to this scenario, but it was at an advanced stage last I knew.

Comment

Working...
              X