Customizing titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing titles

Is there a way to incorporate a given civ's tribe name or adjective into a leadership title with a string usage on the rules text. The thing I'm trying to do here, for instance, is with a Pre-Colombian South American scenario. I've renamed Fundamentalism to Absolute Rule (representing the supreme control of the Inca state at its height) and would like to have the Inca Absolute Rule leader be called Sapa Inca, but if the Chibchas or Tupinamba have developed said government (a variance from actual history), their leader would be, say, Sapa Chibcha or Sapa Tupinamba. I know there's the unique titles beside the civs on the rules text, but I've found those to be unreliable and often ignored for the default (seemingly randomly). My question is thus: can I use strings in title names.

I don't think so.

The best way to make sure all the text in the rules is used correctly, is to finish your rules.txt before starting the scenario in civ2.

Civ2 loads these custom values when you start up a game. If those aren't the ones you ultimately want you'll end up having problems.

You could of course also hex-edit the savegame.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Is it still unreliable if you put your customized Rules.txt in both the scenario and civ2 exe directories?
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I've never experienced this as unreliable, it always worked for me
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I have never had any title problems...

Just make sure the title line is made correctly and all values correspond with the number used by the governments...

EG:

1, Dictator, Dictator, 2, Imperator, Imperatrix, 3, Chairman, Chairperson, 4, Archbishop, Archbishop, 5, Speaker, Speaker, 6, Chancellor, Chancellor[/size]

Make sure all title numbers have commas exactly shown in this example, and they match the proper govs...Below...

0 = Anarchy, Mr., Ms.
          1 = Despotism, Emperor, Empress
          2 = Monarchy, King, Queen
          3 = Communism, Comrade, Comrade
          4 =Fundamentalism, High Priest, High Priestess
          5 = Republic, Consul, Consul
          6 = Democracy, President, President

Etc.

Hope this helps!
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment