Operation Island Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art of War
    yaroslav, you're the man! thanks! now i can get this thing beta testing soon!
    It has been a pleasure
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

how do I make an event that if you destroy a certain unit, you lose money?

Comment

Use the trigger: unit destroyed, then change money.
        Vote Democrat
        Support Democracy

Comment

but do you have to put like -400 or something so it doesn't add it?

Comment

well, the invasion of cuba went great in my first playtest...until I took Habana, then the nation split into Civil War! Comm. Cubans vs. The Souix! how do I stop this from happening?

Comment

The @NOSCHIM event
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Put this at the Events start...

@IF
                NOSCHISM
                defender=ANYBODY
                @THEN
                @ENDIF
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

well, the invasion of cuba went great in my first playtest...until I took Habana, then the nation split into Civil War! Comm. Cubans vs. The Souix! how do I stop this from happening?
                  Are you sure that you want to get rid of that? If sounds like a rather cool feature (ie, the capture of Havana causes the country to split into Pro-Castro communists and Anti-Communist nationalists).

Incidently, if Bush is in office at the time of this invasion, the operation would probably called something like 'Operation X Freedom' ('Cuban Freedom' most likely). 'Freedom' seems to be Bush's key phrase (though IMO it results in a lot of his diplomatic and military inititives sounding a lot like ads for female hygiene products )
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yes to SCHISM's!

ads for female hygiene products

Enjoy the beach you *******! With all the snow we're getting this winter, mebbe Bush will launch this just to open Cuba up for tourism.
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                      With all the snow we're getting this winter, mebbe Bush will launch this just to open Cuba up for tourism.
                      That would certainly provide a double meaning for the military phrase 'hit the beaches'
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I''d tend to agree that a civil war, except for the US and Neutral powers would be good. Then you can have faction infighting.
                        Vote Democrat
                        Support Democracy

Comment

Well here's the rub:

I have the US and CIM lumped together as one civ, then Castro's forces as another. I'm going to go NOSCHISM for now. Maybe v2.0 will be different.

Comment

I'm not you, however, I wouldn't put Cubans with America. They both have completely different agendas, the US make sure that the chaos does not get out of hand, and if possible, remove Communism from the Western Hemisphere, and Cuban freedom fighters simply want Cuba.

Think of it this way, Cuban revolutionaries would attack America if they thought it would help them, and visa versa.
                            Vote Democrat
                            Support Democracy

Comment

yeah i know...that's why i'm thinking of adding "CIA Backing" to the CIM so that it gives it a bit more of a realism...maybe CIA "advisors" already in field. It's a short game though...i made it 20 turns, by Days...

Comment

Is it ready for a release soon then? It sure sounds interesting, especially if it's playable as the Cubans too
                                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Working...
                                X