Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why doesn't my barbarian cities produce units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unit finally built:
    Attached Files
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Still have no clue whatsoever what is causing the no-shield build-up. I had no problems of the kind in the previous version of the scenario.

One strange thing, I noticed, however, is that the barb cities receive free irrigation and roads, without a settler in sight. So now I tried to give settlers a preq and see if this changes anything.
      The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
      Kaplak Stream

Comment

Originally posted by academia
        Mmm... i´ve never had problems with the barbarians in my iron curtain scenario. And believe me, there are rebels everywhere!!

For your info, 13 cities are in rebel hands + 60 barbarian units in the map.
        In comparison, I have 59 cities in barbarian control in the new version of my scenario, with 119 barbarian units.

In an old (well-working) version of the scenario, there was just 26 barbarian cities, with 98 units. I begin to believe that I am nearing the limit, since no random barbarians appear, and barb cities cease to produce shields.

I'll probably have to get rid of some cities to balance things out, since I prefer fewer cities with more units, than too many, that are too easy to take.
        The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
        Kaplak Stream

Comment

Well, then that might be the problem. Too many barbarian units/cities in the map

Good luck solving the problem
          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

I had the exact same problem you have with the barb cities in my Blitzkrieg scenarios. I still don't know the sollution, but in my experience the cities started to finally produce units afer a couple of turns.
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Working...
            X