Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why doesn't my barbarian cities produce units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unit finally built:
    Attached Files
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Still have no clue whatsoever what is causing the no-shield build-up. I had no problems of the kind in the previous version of the scenario.

One strange thing, I noticed, however, is that the barb cities receive free irrigation and roads, without a settler in sight. So now I tried to give settlers a preq and see if this changes anything.
      The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
      Kaplak Stream

Comment

Originally posted by academia
        Mmm... ive never had problems with the barbarians in my iron curtain scenario. And believe me, there are rebels everywhere!!

For your info, 13 cities are in rebel hands + 60 barbarian units in the map.
        In comparison, I have 59 cities in barbarian control in the new version of my scenario, with 119 barbarian units.

In an old (well-working) version of the scenario, there was just 26 barbarian cities, with 98 units. I begin to believe that I am nearing the limit, since no random barbarians appear, and barb cities cease to produce shields.

I'll probably have to get rid of some cities to balance things out, since I prefer fewer cities with more units, than too many, that are too easy to take.
        The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
        Kaplak Stream

Comment

Well, then that might be the problem. Too many barbarian units/cities in the map

Good luck solving the problem
          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

I had the exact same problem you have with the barb cities in my Blitzkrieg scenarios. I still don't know the sollution, but in my experience the cities started to finally produce units afer a couple of turns.
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Working...
            X