No announcement yet.

MARRUECOS - Final version available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single player...mmmhhh...tell me how can I do so the AI can use the transport aircraft (paradroping naval transports), and the AI only attacks and captures the objective cities. Technically impossible

Comment

Yes, unfortunately you would have to compromise the scenario to a certain extent to make it playable. What you could do is perhaps start the scenario with Morocco already in possession of the objectives. The human player could then be Spain who have to take back the two cities and the islands.

Use events creating units on the airbases to represent continuing reinforcements to the islands by air from Morocco (once Spain re-occupies the airports these troops will no longer be created - very realistic). In this way you can get around the fact that the computer can't use paradropping planes properly.

Finally, surround the Spanish mainland with "impassable terrain" units to prevent the computer from wasting its forces attacking the mainland.

Possible?
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
        Finally, surround the Spanish mainland with "impassable terrain" units to prevent the computer from wasting its forces attacking the mainland.
        The problem with that is that the AI's reaction to genuinely unbeatable units is to park hundreds of it's units next to them (as happened in the first version of 'The Cruel Sea').

I was able to limit this problem in the second version by using 'goto' events, but the problem didn't fully go away.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yep...that's the problem...and the Moroccans won't be able to launch air strikes to Spain...

Argh....I think that a SP version of this scen is almost impossible...anyway, PBEM is way more funnier than playing against the idiot AI

Comment

Working...
          X