Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History experts needed (Narvik Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Boco you very mucho! I will use this as the last alternative. I didn't even know they board games from this campaign...sounds like a fun game .

@Case: You must have better eyes than me, because I can't find the figures/numbers, even on that page (which is full of useful/unuseful ( ) information)...

@skipper: Yes, I've seen that page as well, but the 'table 3' I asume you refer to only show which planes were involved in the campaign, not how many and from were they were based.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• Just to show how it has developed
      Attached Files

Comment

• Now that is looking awesome!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sure do! Guess I'm no the only one who wanna try this scenario out now..
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• Wow!!!

Comment

• Deleted attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobra
                @Boco you very mucho! I will use this as the last alternative. I didn't even know they board games from this campaign...sounds like a fun game .

@Case: You must have better eyes than me, because I can't find the figures/numbers, even on that page (which is full of useful/unuseful ( ) information)...

@skipper: Yes, I've seen that page as well, but the 'table 3' I asume you refer to only show which planes were involved in the campaign, not how many and from were they were based.
                Noone?

Comment

• Ah, I've been reading through the Hyper War source you gave me, Case. You told me you found some stuff only by taking a quick look. If you did, please share it, I can't find ****.

I need to know the RAF situation before giving away the beta version...

Comment

• Don't you think it is more important to place them in a place that's best for gameplay, rather than what is best for historical accuracy.
                    Vote Democrat
                    Support Democracy

Comment

• I'm quite proud of having every other unit placed historically and it would be a shame to go away from that now.

I know the placement isn't that important, but I would at least like to know how many I should place. How many RAF squadrons were involved (exept for those stationed in Norway?

Comment

• ...it's very difficult my friend...except Norway?

Found only this link about the RAF in Norway:

ww2, world war 2, kurt monsen, order of battle norway, bodø, narvik, bjoern jervaas, bjørn jervås, verdenskrig

=>

One RAF squadron (46th Sqn.) equipped w/ Hurricanes, first at Skånland, later Bardufoss Arrived 26th May.
                        One RAF squadron (263rd Sqn.) equipped w/ Fairey Swordfish, also at Bardufoss. Arrived 21st May.

These aircraft were transported on the carrier “Glorious” when the Allied retreated; it was shortly after attacked and sunk by “Scharnhorst”

Comment

• Thanks for trying, skipper! Sadly I knew this beforehand. I can't understand why it is so hard to find info about RAF planes engaged in Norway, launched from Britain, when they played such a vital role in various bombing raids...

If noone replies within 24 hours I'll improvise and take wild guesses. Case? Fairline? Anyone?

Comment

• Fairline is Down Under at present.

Before making wild guesses, make some deductions from the wargame data I posted. It took me 20-30 minutes to dig up and post that stuff! You could get a close approximation of the info you need by analyzing it. You can find out CV capacities online, and you probably know the LW OOB. Comparing those to the number of units the wargame uses should give an idea of its unit size. My guess (based on remembered CV capacities) is that a single Narvik air unit represents about 8 aircraft.

Don't completely ignore POTUS' remark. An accurate OOB is an excellent starting point, but every game is a balance between playability and accuracy.
                            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Hehe, I told you that I would use your data if noone could provide accurate numbers
                              @Boco: thank you very mucho! I will use this as the last alternative.
                              I ment it

Maybe I exaggerated a bit when I said wild
                              guesses...

And POTUS made a good point. I have already made some improvisations to fit the game play.

Comment

• Oops! I have to admit the "wild guesses" caught my eye more than "use as the last alternative".

[/Flame] I'm looking forward to this.
                                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                                X