• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario preview WW2 european theater

Title: not selected
    working Beta

Scen. has been nearly completed
    Scen differentiates between human and AI players.

scope: WW2 european and atlantic theater

2 coalitions
    Axis
    Germans, Italians, minor Axis

Allies
    Allies, French Russians

additional Neutrals and further Neutrals (Barbar)

recommended level: General
    Level nightmare only for experts.

Axis players are the aggressors, They start WW2 whereever and whenever they want.
    As german player Its recommended to follow the original historical path:
    Poland
    Danmark/Norway
    BeNeLux/France
    Russia

city reconnaissance is fundamental.
    There ar lots of bunkers disappearing by taking key cities
    but its also possible to kill bunkers with your essential units.

Allies should not start military operations against somebody until they are attacked by axis. They get their
    military techs via events (german attack).

Neutrals are not able to build a substantial military force at the beginning.

All possible in game features allowed to win the scenario.
    Dont change any of the textfiles.

victory condition: capturing all cities of the opposing coalition.

Hint: every unit has a function, some units are able to see invisible enemies,
    with irregulars you can run recon missions.
    look for huts

loosing units(reproduction) is very expensive
    Money and research are other problems.

Many thanks to everyone who creates the artwork, some text taken from other Scens because of bad english abilitys.
    Parts of the gigamap mostly taken from Harlan Thompson - Ansteig

Special Thanks to Stef.

Feedback desired to Thoddyx@web.de

I like your idea of the allies gaining techs as german aggression continues.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Errr...there is no rules.txt in your zip.......
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

sorry

simply copy *.ger *.txt

Comment

Excelent concept, Thoddy.
          "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
          -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
          "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
          "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

playtesters needed
            any comments??

pollution and global warming is completely misused as anti war demonstrations.

Terrains has been reworked defense has been leveled
            Mountains, hills, tundra can not changend into other types of terrain.
            2 specials
            Intensive use; if mined high productive, if irrigated high food production
            oil; high trade

movementsystem has been reworked

AI productivity has been increased

I need a english menu.txt (Multiplayer)

the complete package also includes 20 megs(~10 megs zipped) of sound for a better historical athmosphere.

Comment

Not too sure I like the idea of anti-war demonstrations - too many of them would cause 'global warming'?
              "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
              -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

i like the concept very much thoddy, you have some really good ideas built into the scenario.
                If you want a hand writing original events text then i will be glad to help. there are a few things like the shields that need ironing out, i will send them to you via email later next week when i have the time if u want.
                My email is Poontang61@Hotmail.com
                Religion is the opiut of the people

Also known as The Limey on Civfan

Comment

Some nice stuff happening here, Thoddy!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lft Marks
                    i like the concept very much thoddy, you have some really good ideas built into the scenario.
                    If you want a hand writing original events text then i will be glad to help. there are a few things like the shields that need ironing out, i will send them to you via email later next week when i have the time if u want.
                    My email is Poontang61@Hotmail.com
                    I would be glad to get some assistance and hints.
                    Like other working people I have a time problem.

Thank you.

Comment

i think the idea of anti war demonstrations is good, if its handled the right way. If you set it up properly so that the "warmer" terrain squares are akin to the "colder" ones only less productive, so that if "mass uprisings" or a "general strike" (global warming) were to happen, these terrain squares would change to less productive ones, forever damaging the industry of all nations. You could counterbalance this by giving germany lots of "gestapo headquarters" (recycling centers) that would supress any uprisings. just a thought

Comment

Lft Marks. Mailbox full?
                        This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
                        Delivery to the following recipients failed.
                        Poontang61@Hotmail.com

Thanks for your comment

Pollution i.e. anti war demonstrations only affects human player so I give only humans a certain tech to build "prevent demonstration Improvements". So the AI doesnt waste any shields to this thing. I wouldnt give Germany any of this improvements at the start. So the player has to decide what to do. Building units or "repress" population. In reality hundred of thousands of germans were arrested in concentration camps. So in my mind, this is the potential of anti war demonstrations. Germany and also every other player will loose 50% of production from any "pollution" affected square.

And when global warming occurs, the germans are more affected by this thing, because of their more increasing units costs.

so that if "mass uprisings" or a "general strike" (global warming) were to happen, these terrain squares would change to less productive ones, forever damaging the industry of all nations
                        wich global-warming-terrain-change is the problem.

Comment

upgraded readme.txt

Title: not selected
                          working Beta

Scen. has been nearly completed
                          Scen differentiates between human and AI players.

scope: WW2 european and atlantic theater

2 coalitions
                          Axis
                          Germans, Italians, minor Axis

Allies
                          Allies, French Russians

additional Neutrals and further Neutrals (Barbar)

recommended level: General
                          Level nightmare only for experts.

Axis players are the aggressors, They start WW2 whereever and whenever they want.
                          Its recommendet to follow the original history path:
                          Poland
                          Danmark/Norway
                          BeNeLux/France
                          Russia

city reconnaissance is fundamental.
                          There ar lots of bunkers disappearing by taking key cities
                          but its also possible to kill bunkers with your essential units at some costs.
                          These bunkers can be build only by AI at the end of the techpath
                          bunkers are defined as domain 3 units so they couldnt moved by Freighters(Transports) or Convoys(Carrier)

western Allies and Russia should not start military operations against anybody until they are attacked by germany. They got their
                          military techs via special events (german attack) or achieving the end of the Techpath.
                          (Its also possible to prevent a human Player from doing so by disabling
                          @ANNOYPEACE
                          @width=320
                          @title=Foreign Minister
                          We have signed a peace treaty with the %STRING1!
                          Our reputation will be damaged if we break it!

Reconsider.
                          Start the Blitz!

If you clean up: Start the Blitz you cannot start making war

Neutrals are not able to build a substantial military force at the beginning until they discover Tech enable Weapons at the end of the Techpath .
                          Italians, French, minor Axis dont get advanced units until they discover Tech enable Weapons at the end of the Techpath.
                          At this time you can decide the allied and the german weaponry-techpath
                          Choosing your favourite will form a permanent war with the other side.

Russia Germany and Allies has separate techpaths to get their weaponry.

I couldnt prevent AI from trading with the "false" techs without forbid diplomatic activities completly. So I define all allied
                          Weaponry as 0,9 techs
                          and german weaponry as 0,-9 techs .
                          french and allies are defined as civilised leaders and all axis as militaristic leaders

Russia civilize is defined as 0

Civ splitting is enabled. so its possible that killed civ restarts via split.

All possible in game features allowed to win the scenario.
                          Dont change any of the textfiles.

victory condition: capturing all cities of the opposing coalition.

Hint: every unit has a function, Infanteryunits are able to see invisible enemies,
                          with irregulars you can run recon missions.
                          look for huts you can find some specials

reproduction of units is very expensive. Germany Is able to upgrade units
                          Money and research are the main problems.
                          keep your research as high as you can. your AI enemies will research 1-3 turns per Techs at the beginning
                          Germans has most problems with anti war demonstrations (pollution); the other civs are less effected by this feature

Many thanks to everyone who creates the artwork, some text taken from other Scens because of bad english abilitys.
                          Parts of the gigamap mostly taken from Harlan Thompson - Ansteig

Special Thanks to Stef.

Feedback desired to Thoddyx@web.de

Thoddy - Thorsten Wahl- Germany - Hannover

Comment

update
                            content: sav scn and textfiles
                            some techs corrected
                            simply copy to your folder
                            run english.bat

attachment erased 6 downloads.

Comment

hmm, strange. my email inbox aint full, try again my good man!

Comment

Working...
                              X