No announcement yet.

Nonmilitary scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest toning down the colors of the terrain, its gonna be painful to stare at for long periods of time.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Re: Nonmilitary scenarios

Originally posted by Smiley
      Wonders are made objectives, but none are built at the start of the game. Your job is to stake out some cities and maximize production capacity and construct as many wonders as possible before the end of the scenario.
      Unfortunately, if wonders are made objectives, they can't be built during the scenario. At least thats how it is with v2.42 - and AFAIK MGE as well. Don't know if its different with FW or ToT, though.
      The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
      Kaplak Stream

Comment

What I'd really like to see, is a great depression scenario, challenging players to develop new economic strategies to cope with the downward spiral of cash deficits, unemployment, hunger, selling out of improvements etc etc. War or revolution could be open options, as they were historically, but didn't have to be. Setting up new trade systems, developing new ideas and techs with appropriate economic improvements etc, could be peaceful solutions.
        The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
        Kaplak Stream

Comment

That's an interesting idea, though I'm not sure how CIV's lack of economic model would handle it.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
            work in progress
            Kobi I honestly must say you have the most flamboyant choice in terrains...

Comment

Make it violet, blue, green and sth
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

They are not real terrains. Each colour represents a certain market space, like Finance, InfoTech, Lifestyle etc. While the colours are not finalized (I simply randomly put in different colours for the time being) the end product will still have the same 'Diagram' feel. Since the look is not related to the substance as in real terrain, the stark contrast is there to help you remember which colour represents what. Maybe I'll just use pale shades of the same.
                This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Yes, that's what we are asking for. We want a red tide, not a red supernova.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

About right
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                    X