Delevents.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delevents.exe

...can someone post a copy of the delevents.exe file, as it wasn't with my copy of MGE..?

Thanksies!

A lot of scenarios come with it these days, so in all likelihood you DO have it already (but it's written without the s so maybe that's why you missed it?)...

Anyway, I attached it all the same.
    Attached Files
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm.

I find it interesting that these OTers are suddenly appearing in the Scenario League forum.

Bored, guys?

And, btw, the delevents doesn't work with MGE.
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

It doesn't? Doesn't event swapping work then? Or is it just the FW version I attached that doesn't work?

Edit: smiley subtitles removed.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

More importantly, can we get them into the PBEM forum?
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Edit: I did have a copy, minus the superfluous "s" I''d been searching for. Thanks for pointing me to it!

And I have tried playing PBEM, with SMAC, but it's basically a failure

Comment

If indeed MGE (and ToT, now I think of it) don't have their own delevent.exe, and can't swap events... I'm pretty sure I can make a little program that CAN, by the way.

Comment

I can run delevent on my MGE files... Then again I use an entirely different program for it (as delevent.exe isn't much use on a mac)
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I tried making my own DELEVENT, but indeed thr original should work on any version of Civ2...

I found out how the original worked. It simply looks for the first occurrence of EVNT in the savegame and removes it and everything after it.

Try changing your leader name to "EVNT", for instance. If you now run your savegame through DELEVENT, it will pretty much kill the whole damn file! ... So please don't try this with the latest scenario you're working on

In fact, if you save a copy of this very thread and run it through DELEVENT, I bet it will do its job as well and cut off everything after the first time I used EVNT earlier in this post.

So Exile, what were you on about?

Comment

Who? Me?

Hey I'm just repeating what I heard about MGE and the delevent thingie.

Would I question the expertise of the great-one-in-the-Netherlands?

Lost in America.
                    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X