Red Front 1-5 final beta test here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Front 1-5 final beta test here!

Comrades, here at long last is the final beta version of RF1.5!

It has been tweaked to make it more of a challange to the experienced player by removing/reducing the effect of many of the tricks and tips ie Partisans Vs Fortress etc.

There is even a few new units/upgrade paths.

I need a few final playtesters to try the game and report back here on how they progress through the game before I make any final changes.

I will offer only one bit of advice, defend as best as possible all spawn points ie fortress's/cities in 1941 do not give up ground as easiliy as you did in 1.4 and build new some cities close to the front for inf units.

Its 667k long so if the link don't go email me and I'll send it to you.

Don't forget to run RF.bat and select 1 before starting RF1.5!

---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

oooh

/me drools

Comment

Nice work Colwyn!
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Come on comrades of the RF forum I need some people to play the scenario and who better than the members here. You are absolutelly going to love it.

I won't be releasing the final version until I have 5 till the end reports on how they went.

Volenteers?

Comment

Here's some comments from Micha already looks good

Now I have some criticism to the author of the map/scenario:
          1. It is "Königsberg", not "Konigsberg"
          2. Berlin is situated terribly wrong. It has NO ELBE PORT
          3. Dresden is also called "Elb-Florenz", so wy isn´t it situated on the Elbe river???
          4. If Leipzig was that close to Frankfurt/Main, I wouldn´t need to travel 4 hours by car every weekend
          5. Why isn´t Prague called "Praha"? Either you use the Czech (Praha) or the German name (Prag). The English is very odd to use
          6. Oh please. "Munich". You should know better than that. "München" is the way to go
          7. Where is the Rhine river? Köln and Karlsruhe are *very* close to it
          8. Since when does the Donau (Danube) river run through Frankfurt am MAIN? You should distinguish between Donau and Main, and you should add the Rhein river since then the Main would have a direction to run to
          9. "Vienna". Again, you should know better than that. It is "Wien"
          10. Where is "Stettin"? It has been a major German port on the mouth of the Oder river. The map deserves that city
          11. Almost all German cities are placed wrong. Also it may be alright for English, Americans, Russians or whoever, you should keep in mind that there are also many German people that will play this glorious scenario. Don´t scare them away with the terrible mapping, ok?

There are lots of other cities spelled wrong or not in the same language as the others. For example Warsaw. All other Polish cities are named in Polish language, except this one. Why? Either "Warszawa" or "Warschau". The latter is the German name.

Same applies for Bucharest and some others

Comment

Cmon guys I need some feed back trully this update makes redfront fantastic!

Comment

have you posted a thread in the Scenario League forum? I bet they'd love to try your scenario. In fact, I can move the thread for you if you wish.

Comment

downloaded... I'll give it a try*.

* with the multiple provisos that I am by no means an expert at RF 1.4, so I may not appreciate the improvements, and that this will have to be squeezed in among work, social life (such as it is ), and the 4 Succession Games and 1 Comparison Game I'm currently playing.
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Thanks that will be good

Originally posted by H Tower
                  have you posted a thread in the Scenario League forum? I bet they'd love to try your scenario. In fact, I can move the thread for you if you wish.
                  yes please!

Comment

(moved from Red Front Democracy Game Forum)

Comment

You know not to be a party pooper or anything but did you ask Nemo?

Comment

I for one was hoping that someone would make a harder version of Red Front.

It's a classic scenario by the master himself.

It will always be his scenario. The best anyone else can do is tweak it to make it harder.

I don't think Nemo would mind provided his name appears prominently throughout the packaged download, ie - the original readme should remain and Nemo should be credited in the title:

such as "v1.5 (the Iron Man version) of Nemo's Red Front" by . . . .

Looking forward to it

Cheers!

Comment

Yes I did

Originally posted by DarthVeda
                          You know not to be a party pooper or anything but did you ask Nemo?
                          yes I shot him a email re my plans and even asked for the other map he had.

I had liasoned with him a bit 2 years ago but have not heard from him since.

Comment

Alex Mor was spotted (by me) on the civ3 forums a week or so ago.

I asked him how he and Nemo was, etc, but he did not answer.
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Downloaded it. Want to see how Scorched Earth & Partisans strategy works. Looking forward to the fun.
                              Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
                              X