Paradrop icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradrop icon

How can one edit this? I am talking about that little white parachutte cursor that is used to select paradrop sites.

Nemo in Red front had used the paradrop function for the "Blitzkrieg" ability of certain German units. However he had not changed the icon.That led me to believe that either he didn't bother 'cause the Germans were to be controlled by the AI anyway, or that he hadn't found a way to do this.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

The image is stored in one of the dll files in the civ2 folder. So so making the change and saving it in the scenario directory would not haveing any effect, the player would have to copy the file into the civ2 directory, something few would be willing to do.

Comment

You actually need a special program to modify the icons in Civ. One such is called IconEdit. I no longer have the URL for it, I'm afraid, but I'm sure there several out there. And William is right, you have to change the paratroop icon for the whole game, not just a particular scenario.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'll send you the program Gifextractor Beta with the information you asked for. It's a very simple and very good program.
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

That wouldn't work, Stefan.

The Paratrooper icon is actually stored inside the Civ2 executable itself (along with all the other cursors Civ2 uses).
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Ah zut! I guess that's another thing you "have to live with"
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Well, I bet IconEdit (as techumseh said) or some other icon/resource editing programs, like Microangelo or ResHacker, could do it.

But in this case I don't think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hmm.... interesting stuff.

Anyway, thanks dudes.
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Working...
                X