No announcement yet.

Question concerning units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Horse archers units takes the musketeer slot.

But the Levy unit is still buildable even if it has worse stats.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Its the discovery of the tech in the gunpowder slot that triggers the obsolecence. Not the discovey of the tech that builds the unit in the musketeer slot, which in this case is Mathematics.

So the rule is that when the tech in the gunpowder slot is discovered all units become obsolete that have a role of 1 and a defense less than the unit in the Mustketeer slot, regardless of whether the unit in the musketeer slot is buildable nor not.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
        !!!!!!???????
        Someone has actually done that?
        There are a lot of neat things you can do with barbarians. Make the chariot and horseman units into settlers, give somebody Mobile Warfare, and remove Gunpowder from the menu, and you have a steady supply of game animals to hunt or monsters to slay for a reward. I was planning to do that for my FF scenario before I realized I didn't have sufficient graphical talent to make decent custom units...
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by William Keenan
          Its the discovery of the tech in the gunpowder slot that triggers the obsolecence. Not the discovey of the tech that builds the unit in the musketeer slot, which in this case is Mathematics.

So the rule is that when the tech in the gunpowder slot is discovered all units become obsolete that have a role of 1 and a defense less than the unit in the Mustketeer slot, regardless of whether the unit in the musketeer slot is buildable nor not.

Aha!

Thanks!
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Working...
          X