No announcement yet.

Who knows the Answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*usually* irrigate, but I suspect you could modify the AI behaviour. For example, make mining more/less rewarding, or set mining to "never" in the govt prereq if you wanted to disable mning altogether.

This is just my opinion so far, and not backed by empirical data *apart* from the observation from a recent scenario of mine that the AI loves irrigating.

What are you getting at here?
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I am toying with the idea of having every large patches of the same terrain. This means they must all be irrigatble as well as minable. But if the AI doesn't mine then the idea doesn't work.
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
        I am toying with the idea of having every large patches of the same terrain.
        What do you mean? Same amount of bonusor same amount of time to Irrigate/Mine?
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Well, the AI can certainly mine... Hills can both be mined and irrigated, but the AI mostly (only?) mines them.

The only problem could be that the AI always picks the same option for a terrain type, rather than what would suit its needs most.

That is, it might mine one terrain and irrigate another, but it will always choose the same action for a given terrain type.

I'm not entirely sure about that, though. Maybe it actually makes a somewhat intelligent choice, mining some squares and irrigating others.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X