Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forests and Jungles and terrain 1 and 2 problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forests and Jungles and terrain 1 and 2 problem.

Ok, here is the situation;

I have the 16 blocs on terrain 2 where the forest tile are set for "forest." "Jungles" are a single tile on terrain 1.

What I'd like to do is reverse these 2 things.

I want the 16 tile bloc on terrain 2 to represent "jungles" and the single tile on terrain 1 to represent "forests." The problem is that the map is already done and it's a big map. Is there an easy way to do this? Other than manually altering every single forest and jungle tile already on the map?
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

I believe Mapedit can do what you want. However, I am not positive if you will have to redo your cities/roads and everything. That is to say that I am not sure if you can just switch terrains out of a save, or if it can be only done to a .mp file. Mercator, assistance?

Comment

I believe that Mapcopy can copy a map from a .mp file to a save file. Making the .mp file is still a problem, but AFAIK you can work on the map and then put it into your save file.
      I refute it thus!
      "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Yep, that's correct (both of you).

MapEdit can swap terrains. It can load maps, savegames and scenarios... but it can only save as maps.

So, if it's a savegame that needs changing, do the swapping with MapEdit, save as a map and then import that map back into the savegame with MapCopy.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X