• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn the Turks!

Cursed be the ground they walk upon!

I spit on the graves of their dead!

Pteweee!
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Latest news . . . . .

Ok, for those of you who use sounds;

The sound files available on the Spanish Civ2 site are not quite right. Don't download them. The fault is mine, so no blame should go to the gentlemen there.

If you're keen on such things, the correct sound files should be available for download from the Spanish Civ2 site sometime tomorrow.

Haven't yet heard from Thunderfall on CivFan.

Thanks to all those who appreciate the scenario. It's very gratifying to know that others can enjoy my entirely selfish efforts. lol. I waited and waited for someone to produce a good late 19th century imperialism scenario. When no one did, I got impatient and made the damn thing myself.

Tremendous thanks should go to Fairline for the spectacular graphics. There is no doubt his stuff makes the scenario.

Tentative news; Fairline and I may well be working together in the near future. Stay tuned.
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• The sound files available on the Spanish Civ2 site are not quite right. Don't download them.
        There's no need to be so radical . When you warned me about the failure, I changed the links so people can download the first file. I'll upload the second and third tomorrow. Now I'm really tired *yawn* and I'm going to sleep. Read you tomorr...
        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
        The Spanish Civilization Site
        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

• The scenario files have been uploaded. Everything seems to work fine now

Comment

• what page or where can I find the new Imp1870v2?

Comment

• in the spanish civilization site....

spanish.apolyton.net

civ 2 section, scenarios, bestonet, XIX century

here precisely
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Nestor... you have to think that the web counter is on the main page, here precisely, and not in the specific XIX Century page. We're trying to reach 100,000 visitors, so don't sabotage us

Comment

• Single player notes, I've never done it in PBEM. I've also only played British or Americans.

Naval: 1. Have either steamers or large steamers. I usually build large steamers if I need more ships (I try to preserve my existing merchant marine first, since U.S. and U.K. start with a lot).
                  2. The arrival of battleships usually signals the start of my major campaigns against coastal cities. I usually do replace them with dreadnoughts when the tech comes (I send them back and disband in cities, I consider it "upgrading).
                  3. I build a lot of battlecruisers and dreadnoughts, and use them for sea control. Conversly, I do not build at destroyers, light cruisers, or armored cruisers. Maybe if the capital ships cost more, I would build armored cruisers. I've never seen a point for destroyers besides scouting, and the only time I've built light cruisers was when playing as the British: The French and Americans would always sneak attack my naval units delivering trade, and I had to replace sunk units, so I decided the replacements would be light cruisers, but only because my tech was not advanced enough.
                  4. I typically like the large freighters and ocean liners, due to the unit carrying size. I try to use the steamers if they still exist for the local trade though, and only really build these for cross ocean trade and large invasions. Airport tech usually becomes a priority around this time so I can free myself from dependence on the seas.

Land: Not so much here.
                  1. Never use guards, marines. Built highlanders as British, but I can live without them. I always build machine guns as cheap defensive units, and continue this even if I have the options to build infantry. (machine guns are useful in the far flung corners of the empire where I only have to worry about natives.)
                  2. Keep tanks!!!
                  David Disraeli
                  Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• My notes thus far:

As Germany i just build a hoard of cannons(maybe 70) or at most field artilleries and promptly conquer Europe(that includes Russia too).And i never build a navy or traders apart from those i start with.Needless to say at that time i quite cause there isn't any point to play on.

On Deity.

But the scenario is very enjoyable overall.
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• When on a global roll, Krupps guns and Zepplins are a fun mix!

As Bismarck, I took over Russia, UK, Africa, Araby and gave the USA a good nautical kicking.

Then I had dinner.
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X