Sid owes me big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid owes me big time

I just acquired my 5th Civ2 disc. Civ2, CiC, FW, MGE and now ToT.

I got it for a dollar out of the bargain bin at a local computer store. To make sure my dollar isn't completely wasted, (ditto for the hard disk space) can a fellow unfortunate ToT owner please point out what the good scenarios are for ToT and where I can find them?

Well with that frame of mind, I doubt if you'll enjoy much of anything. Nevertheless, start with the Cradle of Civ, Here: http://coc.apolyton.net/ And my site, Tecumseh's Village, here: http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/ Also follow the link on the Cradle to Kestrel's site. Have fun!
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The patch, the official Time Threat Paradox scenario and lots more can be found at the Cradle of Civilization.

Then there's techumseh's Village, Eyn's World (in French, but I think you'll manage) and Kestrel's site...
      As far as scenarios is concerned, I think that covers it.

ToT
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

whoops! crosspost
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
          Well with that frame of mind, I doubt if you'll enjoy much of anything. Nevertheless, start with the Cradle of Civ, Here: http://coc.apolyton.net/ And my site, Tecumseh's Village, here: http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/ Also follow the link on the Cradle to Kestrel's site. Have fun!
          that was supposed to be a joke, I'm sorry that it didn't get across.

Thanks for the links

Comment

Sorry, my sense of humour hasn't been the same since Bob Hope died.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Do they make a Civ2 All in One pack with all the games on it?

Acutally though, I'd be more interested in acquiring all the manuals.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I heard they released an all-in-one in Australia (didn't last too long, I think)...

Oh wait... Not quite, but close enough, it was called Civilization Chronicles and was a combination of Civilization, Civilization II (classic, I presume), and Test of Time.

I'd want the ToT manual myself too, actually. I bought a lame jewel-case version, so I only have it on PDF.

Comment

There aren't many scenarios out there for ToT, H Tower, but there are some excellent ones. I recommend Tech's Russian Revolution and Roman Civil Wars, Curt Sibling did a version of Dictator and for the future there's a classic on the way from Boco (El Aurens).
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I've bought ToT twice. Beat that

I also bought a totally useless disk for 'Civ2 Multiplayer edition', which I thought was MGE but turned out to be Civ 2 with the multiplayer code and none of the FW/MGE scenario stuff. Sid owes me $A10 for that coaster.
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

There'll be another fine ToT scenario available soon. Warlords of China is just about ready for playtesting. I hope to have the finalized version released sometime in September.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

For a scenario maker, I would say MGE is a lot more user friendly...

But ToT has some extremely sweet features, like individual wavs for units, 32-bit bmps and many extra unit slots.

Imagine they added all those features to MGE...

*faints*
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                          32-bit bmps
                          Just 15 bits (= 32768 colors) actually. True color bitmaps can be loaded, but they really are displayed as 15 bit graphics.

Still, that's quite enough, and a huge improvement over the original restrictive color palette.

Comment

Well, if you're willing to wait for a while (not saying how long that "while" is to last), there may be a nice little ToT scenario being released by the famous Mr. Oobir ( ) featuring evil nannies and vomit-colored virii...
                            "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                              I've bought ToT twice. Beat that

I have 2(two) Civ2 classic collection CDs and 2(two) ToT CDs.

And have bought none of them.
                              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                              Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Working...
                              X