History of Asia, Part A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of Asia, Part A

I noticed a lack of interest in my Post-Cold War Europe scenario, and perhaps that's fair enough; outside of Yugoslavia (which I excluded), there's not much room for realistic conflict. Maybe this will be more interesting. I've begun a grand plan to cover the history of East Asia and the Pacific in nine scenarios divided between two folders with their own rules and units sets. Such things as the Mongol Hordes, Feudal Japan, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War will require their own separate scenarios, however, which will be done in the future. This here is the first of the two folders, with the first four scenarios. For those of you following my Middle East scenario thread, this is the 'current project' I mentioned that I would complete before I started revising the Middle East scenario. If you have any comments, criticisms, or suggestions on this scenario, please post them here; I'll be checking.
    Attached Files

I've uploaded the sound files using the Upload service, as they were too big.

Comment

This should make acquring the sound files easier. Here's the first sound zip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the second one.
        Attached Files

Comment

And the third one.
          Attached Files

Comment

And finally, the fourth.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a grand topic for Civ2 , and too much work to let languish in obscurity (this forum's come alive in the last week -- Univs finishing terms?). I like your choice of civs in these scenarios. Can you post a screen shot or two?
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I'm pleased you like my work, and I chose the civs for the most variety, but I don't know how to post a screen shot. If you could just tell me, then I'd be happy to. If anyone else has any comments, or could tell me how to get this or other of my scenarios onto permanent archive, please drop a reply.

Comment

Its easy. First take a screensot by pressing the prntscrn button on your keyboard. Then open up ms paint, or whatever graphics editing program you use. Ctrl-v to paste. You can host the image here at apolyton here. Its free, just log in using your forum pass. Then when you want to post them press the IMG button and then just link to them
                  Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                  Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

I'll post a screenshot with my next post on this thread. I'll have the History of Asia, Part B out as soon as possible. In the mean time, does anyone have any inspiration as to maps and civs for supplemental Mongol and Feudal Japan scenarios to this set without directly aping the Microprose ones or Darth Veda's Sengoku. Further comments on the base History of Asia, Part A are also appreciated. Now I'm going to give EZRhino's instructions a try. Be back soon.

Comment

Here's the screenshot you've requested.

Comment

That didn't seem to work. How does this IMG link thing work. What prompt do I use before my document's name.

Comment

This scenario doesn't work for me; am I missing something? I have Fantastic Worlds but not multiplayer.
                          World War 2 Worldwide
                          Muddy Flood Plains
                          World Map

Comment

I don't think there's anything I've put into it that requires multiplayer. Do any other scenarios not work for you? You may have a glytch in your system.

Comment

"Failed to load game: File has more recent version number than game."

Did you create it using the multiplayer version? That might be enough to make it unuseable.
                              World War 2 Worldwide
                              Muddy Flood Plains
                              World Map

Comment

Working...
                              X