Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patine
    replied
    There is an update to this scenario package buried somewhere in this forum, but here it is again so you don't have to search
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Shaka Naldur
    replied
    thanks patine, downloaded

Leave a comment:

• Patine
    replied
    In light of this scenario's sequel and a request by Shaka Nadur, I've made this post to bring this thread to the top of the forum

Leave a comment:

• Michael Daumen
    replied
    Here!

Leave a comment:

• Patine
    replied
    Where can I find Harlan Thompson's Mongol scenario?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Daumen
    replied
    Harlan Thompson's Mongol scenario is still my favorite scenario of any time/genre. The graphics have become a bit dated but it is still playable as Mongols, Khwarismians [whatever] and perhaps some other civs (the civs are Mongols, Khwars, Sung China, Chin/Qara-Kitai, Muslims, Christians, Indians, and a whole bunch of barbarian cities). All the cities you mentioned are in the game and more. The map stretches from Japan to Kra on the Malay peninsula and west to Rome and Paris. I was just playing it this week, as I reloaded some scenarios for my father to play.

Leave a comment:

• Patine
    replied
    I agree that the MPS scenario seems somehow empty; I too noticed that feature. The absense of a Persian civ was also glaring. I think your suggested choice of civs could be ideal, though I'd rather have Persians than separate Russians as the seventh. (It's much easier to find hard information on the Medeival Persians than on the Varangian Rus). What's the name of your historical atlas, anyway. I'll take a look for it at my local library.

Leave a comment:

• Yurt
    replied
    The Microprose Mongol scenario isn't very impressive, so I think you could probably improve quite a bit on it. First of all, only one city in the entire "Chagatai" area is in, which is Beshbalik. There are no cities anywhere near it. To have a good mongol scenario you need LOTS of cities in central asia - looking at a historical atlas here, they missed Tashkent, Kuldja, Turfan, Khotan, Otrar, and Kashgar seems to be in the wrong place. They also have almost nothing in Persia, where they should have Kabul, Balkh, Merv, and Nishapur, to name a few. There should definately be more than one city in india, as that was a major buffer to the Mongols. To have all of those countries controlled by the Turks is also inaccurate - India is obviously just plain wrong, but for the others, the Turkish confederation that united the entire area had collapsed by 750 (according to this book). I would suggest having the Europeans (Russia, Eastern Europe, and Byzantine cities like Trebizond), the Egyptians, a Northwestern Indian civ (cut of the rest of india from the map along with SE Asia) the Chinese, the Japanese, the Mongols, and then either a Persian civ, or separate the Russians. Then make all the central Asian cities barbarian.
    The main thing is adding lots more cities. Once you trim the useless Frankish and South Chinese cities off, add lots more to Russia, India, and the central Asian ones already mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Patine
    replied
    My initial response was somewhat abbreviated, as I was pressed for time when I wrote it. In more depth, I admit I haven't actually playtested the Polynesians in Asia1 thoroughly, though I defeated them as the Japanese after building the Torii Gate (which replaces the Lighthouse). I think that a more Sinocentric map for Asia2 and Asia3 may benefit them now that I think about it, though a Barbarian Japan in Asia2 would have to use standard Japanese units, as I have no slots left for special Barbarian units. If you can make great strides as Germany in Asia4, save the game and attach it to your post, I'd like to see how far you've gotten (the best I did was a marginal victory - barely). If you have any other suggestions or notes, let me know. Expect History of Asia, Part B as soon as I can finish and post it.

Leave a comment:

• Patine
    replied
    I'm glad you enjoyed my scenarios, as I had to struggle and curse to get everything to work (and even then, most unique government titles still didn't work). I'm currently working on 'the History of Asia, Part B,' which carries the story from 1920 to 2010. Watch for it in the near future. By the way, do you have any idea about how to pull off a Mongol scenario (between Asia1 and Asia2) without copying MPS. I've been stymied by where to start (namely a good map and set of civs).

Leave a comment:

• Yurt
    replied
    Don't worry about it, I just found a copy of MGE lying around.

I took a look at all the scenarios, and played the first one for a while as the Polynesians. I found it was actually more interactive than other "start up" scenarios that I've played, as I was forced to discover the other civs once I ran out of space in Hawaii to build cities. Then I decided to attack the Aborigines, and got a good convoy system going.

I like the first scenario because it forces you to have a meaningful navy and do exploration, and the Polynesians are a good civ because of their special boats - you can't really fight back against them. But I found there weren't enough things to build - the wonders were all built by other civs (I managed to get one) and technology was too slow, so I often found myself selling barracks and building more just to have something to build. Still, it's better than having too much to build, and it creates more of a focus on military.

The other ones I also tried, and I thought they were pretty good. I thought that for the third one, Japan should have been included, but maybe made full of powerful barbarians. Not having anything there is kind of weird. I also found that for the 2nd and 3rd scenarios, the map should have focused on China instead of the Pacific. To have a moghal empire simulated realistically you definately need the pressure of the persians from the West. The WW1 scenario was pretty good - obviously there isn't much of a fight, but it's still interesting and I'll try to accomplish something as Germany.

I look forward to the next scenarios!

Leave a comment:

• yaroslav
    replied
    Yurt, the FW (or even the classic version) could be "upgraded" to the MGE version with the Cedric's pacth avaliable in Civfanatics

Leave a comment:

• Patine
    replied
    I did have multiplayer installed into my Civilization II when I did make it, yes. I apologize if that causes you or any other Civ player to be unable to play my scenarios. I honestly didn't think it mattered. Maybe someone on this forum knows a way around that.

Leave a comment:

• Yurt
    replied
    "Failed to load game: File has more recent version number than game."

Did you create it using the multiplayer version? That might be enough to make it unuseable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X