No announcement yet.

The Spanish Civil War - Civ2 Complete Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to be an excellent scenario! I recommend it. It's a welcome relief from all those WWII/postWWII scenarios out there.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

May I make a couple of suggestions?

Give the units with a 'no' prerequisite some unresearchable tech instead. That way they'll appear in the civilopedia.

I see there is still a bit of events space left. As this is a relatively little known conflict, some pop-up text at the start of the scenario that gives a little historical background would be helpful. Let each player know a bit about what they're fighting for and against.

This is an impressive scenario. Is it your first one?
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments, techumseh

Give the units with a 'no' prerequisite some unresearchable tech instead. That way they'll appear in the civilopedia.
          It's a good idea. I'll do it in the next update

The event space remaining is for the Single Player versions I kept an empty space for it.

It's my first one to be released, and the first "serious" made by myself. I made 2 little scenarios a few years ago, but I didn't posted them in the forums, due to its bad quality.

But I'm very proud of THIS scenario . And now, apart of the single player versions, I'm working in a new scenario project

Comment

But don't worry about the lack of info and pop-ups. In the ReadMu - HTML Guide I'll explain what you have to know

Comment

Guide!

First 'version' of the guide (not complete) is out! :P

Pablostuka and I spent a little time doing it. Tell us what you think about what we have thus far.

In the left there are 4 links to the 4 sections of the guide (historical background, playing the scenario, the sides, and credits)

The main window is for the info to display
              Attached Files
              "Hijo mío, la vida está hecha de pequeñas cosas: Una pequeña fortuna, una pequeña mansión, un pequeño yate..."Groucho Marx

Comment

Nationalist SP Version Finished!

I have finished the Nationalist Single Player Version.

Replace the EventsN.txt with the one attached here, and reload the batch file. Now the AI is very agressive, and the game is more difficult to win.
                Attached Files

Comment

"Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                  -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                  "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                  "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

tanelorn!! I'm happy to see you here. Thank you very much for all you have done for this scenario. These units are one of the most important parts of the scenario

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have fixed one bug in the EventsN.txt file. Please update it again, and sorry

Comment

At Last!

Today, I proudly announce that I've finished the Spanish Civil War scenario Now you ca play against the AI with the Republican side. And some changes regarding unit stats in the Rules.txt.

Ok, download the 'final_update.zip' and replace the files in your scenario folder. Who hasn't downloaded the scenario yet, you can find it here, or in the first post of this thread (if the poly server works )
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I forgot to post here the HTML Guide

Enjoy!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Please download this last hour update (it contains all the events files and the rules). It fixes the performance of the Admiral Scheer battlecruiser and the bombing of Guernika...I hope it's the last update

EDIT: Fixed the bug that chashed the game. Thanks to belisariu for the report
                            Attached Files

Comment

How about some screen shots?

showing stuff other than the title...you know units, icons etc.
                              This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Okay...these are the some of the screenshots included in the Guide

Screen #1: The crossing of the Gibraltar Strait by Nationalist forces
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X