The Spanish Civil War - Civ2 Complete Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spanish Civil War - Civ2 Complete Scenario

Here's the result of the work of me and my partners in the lasts months: one scenario for Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition about the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939).

It's not a typical scenario, because it has 3 modes of play: 2 for single player (Republican or Nationalists) and Multiplayer game. This is like 3 games in 1.

The Science developement is replaced with Gold, to pay for foreign reinforcements and supplies (Italian and German aid for the Nationalists, and Soviet aid for the Republicans)

A lot of new units specially made or modified for this scenario. The author credits is in the Guide.

The graphical style is the called "Nemo-esque". Terrain, city and other graphics are from Captain Nemo, or some authors who have been modified it. improvements icons by Curtsibling, and the excellent large map is from Kramsib.

The laguage: English (But I will translate it into Spanish when I have time).

In the Guide you can find all the information, strategies and hints, and a short description of each side.

I won't write more details I invite you to play it, and I hope you like it

And I want to thank my playtesters, who have spent a lot of time making this scenario better and better: jasev, yaroslav, Amilca, El Léón, Academia, El Awrence, HsFB, belisariu y Kramsib.

HERE are the scenario files:

Scenario Files

Sound Files (1st Part)

Sound Files (2nd Part)

HTML Guide

And here's a screenshot of the map
    Attached Files

I look forward to playing it as I did an essay and presentation last year on the Spanish Civil War. Tell, are the Portuguese playable in multiplayer?

Comment

Can I start a PBEM game?

Comment

The two playable and tested side are Nationalist (Franco) and Republicans (Azaña)
        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Yes, there are only 2 playable civs, as yaroslav said

At this moment, you only can play the Multiplayer version. PBEMs for 2 players, or a demogame like Red Front. But I'm working in the single player versions, and the HTML guide will be done soon

Comment

This looks very good.

But where's the Readme?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

There is no readme yet, as we are making the HTML guide...

The basic hints: Try to have a high science rate (gold), as reinforcements will arrive.

The Nationalist main objective is to capture Madrid and get safe the Africa Army to the Peninsula, as they are the strongest foot units. But also is very important to capture the North of Spain, specially the city of Bilbao. Other important objectives are Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena and Málaga.

The Republican main objectives are Burgos, Sevilla, Zaragoza, Pamplona, and all the North of Africa.

I highly recommend to read something about the Spanish Civil War, as this is a very historical scenario.

Comment

At last!!!

Downloading ASAP!

Congratulations, on getting this epic completed, My friend!!!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks, Curt! . It has been a very hard work. Thanks for your help, my friend

I'll be very happy if you test it

Comment

Aren't those bask units a bit too strong????
                    Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

They have the same stats as the Falangists or Carlists, the other strong militias

Comment

If I recall it correctly, my own record, playing as a Republican, was to conquest all Spain around December 1937
                        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Well done, yaros . But remember that playing the Multiplayer version against the AI it's very very easy . The fun begins playing against another human player

Comment

that what I'm doing now,
                            the problem against the ai is that the units are quite expensive
                            in the sp version you should make the ai's unit cheaper
                            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

The Motorised infantry, armored cars and artillery are expensive due to the lack of a war Industry in Spain

Comment

Working...
                              X