Clear All

I can't download it, says the file is 'too big':

Comment

On to Akaba!

@NEWAIRLIFT
      @width=750
      @title=Lawrence Meets Sheik Auda Near Wadi Sirhan
      ^Remarkably, Lt. Lawrence and a dozen Bedouin have crossed the
      desolate Nefud. He soon meets the local sheik, Auda.
      ^
      ^AUDA: What are you doing Englishman?
      ^LAWRENCE: As you see. Are you alone?
      ^AUDA: Almost. Are you with that party of thugs who are drinking at my well?
      ^LAWRENCE: Yours?
      ^[A tense confrontation over drinking rights occurs at the well between
      Auda (and his young son brandishing a pistol), Ali, and
      Lawrence - who has his hands raised high into the air.]
      ^LAWRENCE: Auda! We are 50. You are 2. How if we shot you down?
      ^AUDA: Why then you have a blood feud with the Howeitat. You desire it?
      ^LAWRENCE: Not the generals in Cairo nor the Sultan himself desire that. Call off your men.
      ^AUDA: Go now, boy. This honors the unworthy. I've only just begun to teach him.
      ^LAWRENCE: And what are you teaching him today? Howeitat hospitality?
      ^AUDA: Be not clever with me, English! (To Ali, asking about Lawrence) Who is he?
      ^LAWRENCE: A friend of Prince Feisal's.
      ^AUDA: Oh. So you desire my hospitality.
      ^LAWRENCE: Yes.
      ^
      @options
      ^Lawrence convinces some Ruwalla in Wadi Sirhan to attack Akaba from the rear.
      ^He has promised them British sterling should they capture the port....

(Case, you'll be glad to know that I've reduced the Irregulars production a bit. Easier said than done. Had to reduce Turk city production, since increasing the Irregulars price changed the way the AI handled them.)
      Attached Files
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

(Case, you'll be glad to know that I've reduced the Irregulars production a bit. Easier said than done. Had to reduce Turk city production, since increasing the Irregulars price changed the way the AI handled them.)
        Urgh, what a pain. However, the results should be worth it - those irregulars got very tiresome
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Re: On to Akaba!

Originally posted by Boco
          LAWRENCE: Call off your men.
          I love that line.

Is there an ETA for when this is ready?
          "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
          -OOTS

Comment

MD, either you're sharp or you've seen the movie more than once.

I could lie and give you an answer.

First two years look okay. Still trying to balance the game for the last year. Allies got whacked when they attacked Hebron.

Things'll be slow this week, but next looks like prime civvin' time.
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Event Heap Space is like my closet...

Wasn't Tot s'posed to have more event heap space than anyone would need? I'm currently at about 5k, but I have a lot of historical flavor text yet to put in. Still, this is nowhere near K'jitsu's number of events.

Any requests for quotes from the movie to be put into the scenario?

Finished changes made after an alpha test to Aug, 1918. Ready to test again. Getting closer...
              Attached Files
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Slow going in March 1918

Another Alpha Test:

Germans launched Kaiserschlacht a month early in France! Desperately trying to plug the gaps in their lines, the British withdraw a huge portion of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force. Ammo for the heavy guns is nonexistent.

As a result, after four months of rolling over the Turks in the wake of Gaza, the Allies must pause. The Turks have regrouped, and a cavalry probe across the Jordan is encountering fierce resistance.

Meanwhile the Arab revolt is in full swing. Lacking strength to capture Ma'an and Amman, the Arabs harrass Turk reinforcements instead. With a little help from the RAF Bedouins decimate a Turk artillery column just north of the Dhuleil bridge. The Yeomanry are fortunate not to face that counterattack!

Came across some Alpha test problems in mid 1918, but I think I fixed them. If the test continues without too many bugs, I'll be contacting a grognard or two midweek to beg for beta feedback.

Once the unit art is complete, Merc, I'll be using your Sprite goodies to try and clean up the unit key clutter. Many thanks!
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

bump!
                  Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                  Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Tweaking. My beta tester found one huge bug and made some good suggestions that I'd like to incorporate.

With any luck a general beta test will start before the end of the month. Interested, EZRhino?
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Sorry for disturbing the rest of this venerable topic, but has there been any news on this scenario? It looks really promising...
                      *grumbles about work*

Comment

It's a shame, when I finally get TOT I found that there are not new scens for it
                        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

There will be soon!

If Boco can get this baby released and when I get the new Dictator ToT done!
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

RL is taking a huge toll right now. My next EA session won't likely be until Sunday. A general beta in the next 2-3 weeks is pretty likely.
                            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

*bump*

Can't wait to play this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X