No announcement yet.

England Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing England, my plan is similar to Jonny's, except for #5. I stay out of the Mediterranean, instead capture Andulusia from Spain in order to jump-start my colonization (shipyard ). Then hit Portugal to get some maps, then head for Asia, where I get the lion's share of the good provinces.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chronus on 04-12-2001 10:04 PM
      I've been going back and forth on whether I should buy this game or not. Now it appears that, as people get more acclimated to the game, each country has a specific strategy to follow in order to win. Is this true? I don't want to be "forced" to follow a one (or two or three) and only strategic path that brings on the win. Is there enough variety to explore different strategic routes (that work well)?

I have now played two GC games. Firstone as France, second England.

France: Was very interested in securing the provinces in mainland Europe and thus started colonisation very, VERY late.

England: Wanted to play for Colonisations -> Gave Calais to France early and conqured Scotland. Then hit to the seas, took Nort America East of Rio Grande, South Africa and India all the way to Singapore. I systematically avoided alliances and tried to fight as little wars as possible. (Well, Annexing a few minors had to happen )

=> So you can play how you like it. ANothe point is then is it a "good" strategy to play like me?

Comment

I'm in a France game now, and just annexed China in 1607. Also have Japan, and a ton of other Asian provinces. The problem is my badboy number is 35, so I should probably live peacefully for the next 100 years until it goes down. So Mexico will have to wait.....

The French have cheaper units than the English, and that helped a lot when I was building up a 300K force to attack China.

Comment

Working...
        X