The EU3 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EU3 Thread

It is really odd to be posting in a "in production" thread when the game is now released.
    So let's post in this one instead.

Right now I'm playing as Castille, nicely colonising North and South America....I was going to focus on just South America, but I noticed England up there.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

How are the graphics? All I've seen are the screen shots and I'm not sure how the new 3D engine works.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Meh. They are not extraordinary. I forgot them once the game started....they aren't that instrusive, either, but I spend all my time playing zoomed away, so I suppose I don't notice them much.

Spanish North America, zoomed out

Mainland Spain, zoomed in

Comment

Don't much like the look of those provincial borders in the zoomed in screenie. Too angular.

I'll be waiting at least another 3-4 weeks before it comes out here.

Anbody have the CE?
        I plan on getting it if at all possible but none of the retailers here seem to have much of a clue yet as to whether they'll have it or not.

Comment

You know, Paradox does let you buy it off their website to download....

Comment

Have been following the lastest reviews and most have given the game a good score. A empire builder game.
            How is the diplomacy in this game ?I like to be a builder in most Civ games and have other AI factions fight it out and wait to see which side to join.
            I know this is not Civ as the game is based in part on history but hoping for something new. Does this game feel more like a board game?

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
              You know, Paradox does let you buy it off their website to download....
              Unfortunately though they still required one to use a credit card the last time I checked.
              This I absolutely will not do online.

The EU series does indeed play like a boardgame. One of the things I like most about them.
              The RTS thing is really only a techicality to prevent one from having to hit end-of-turn 16000-odd times over the course of the game.

Comment

Got the CE the 23rd. Lost most of my social life after that.

I am playing as Burgundy now, I own most of Western Europe and some of NA. My BB is a bit high, so I am focusing on building up and consolidating what I have now.

Oerdin: As soon as you start playing, you won't think a second on the graphics.

ravagon: Buying on the Net is not more dangerous than using your card in the mall.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

Unfortunately though they still required one to use a credit card the last time I checked.
                  This I absolutely will not do online.

If it makes you feel happy, I have had no problems with them.

Comment

I've never played an EU game before (except Crown of the North, for a few hours, but I stopped because it sucked). Should I get this?
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Sure. Why not?

Comment

I bought the Victoria expansion pack Revolutions from Paradox online as well and had no problems.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've never played an EU game before (except Crown of the North, for a few hours, but I stopped because it sucked). Should I get this?
                          I enjoyed EU 2 quite a bit. Its a good game, but games are too long, IMO. You have to be patient. I never finished one. Its like reading a good 4000 page book that contains a lot of filler. You say to yourself: it would be a great book if it was a bit more focused. Maybe they fixed that in EU3, who knows?
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Hypocrite.

Comment

I can't get over how sterile the map graphics are. It looks alot more like a spreadsheat game than the atmospheric games it's predecesors where.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X