No announcement yet.

Crusader Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno... since EU Paradox has always been known for releasing early and patching regularly
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Yes, but there was a period of time when little was released. Fortunately we now know why!
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

This was posted as an announcement on PIF earlier today, after HoI2 1.2 was released:

Patch policy Paradox Interactive
        Dear Paradox Community,

As you have undoubtedly noticed, our forum community has been growing lately and will only continue to expand as even more titles are developed and published. Thank you for doing your part to make it such a vibrant, supportive, and enjoyable place to visit!

As a result of this large influx of members and the corresponding increase in forum traffic we have identified a need to become clearer and more
        transparent in our communications -- seeking to ensure that our customers have a better understanding of what they can reasonably expect from Paradox Interactive. For that reason we have formulated a new patching policy which will be in effect for all of our games from this date forward.

The following will be supported by Paradox for self-developed titles:

* Balancing Gameplay. This may include the addition, alteration, or removal of game features and possible modifications to the behaviour of the AI and other aspects of the game.

* Bug Fixing. This entails the correction of any bugs which make - or could make - features fail to work as they are intended to.

* Platform Support. This involves correcting any incompatibility issues which cause - or could cause - the game to crash or malfunction on our
        published "minimum specification" platform. The cause must be directly attributable to the coding of the game, rather than to the individual user's
        configuration and/or the ability of his or her components and system drivers
        to meet that standard.

It should be noted that while, from time to time, new features or enhancements may be added to a game at no additional cost to the customer,
        these should be viewed purely as a "special bonus" rather than being expected as an integral component of our standard support and patching
        policy.

We hope this outline will lead to a clearer customer understanding of our patching policy and will ensure that the Paradox development team can focus its resources on the core aspects of our games.

Kind regards
        Susana Meza on behalf of Paradox Interactive
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
          Yes, but there was a period of time when little was released. Fortunately we now know why!
          we do?

please tell me!

Comment

Since April 8th, within two weeks, almonst all major games of Paradox have been patched! EU2 got a new beta, Crusader Kings got a new beta, HoI2 got the long awaited 1.2 "enhancement". If you think of the limited "manpower" at Paradox, this means all of them have worked overtime
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I believe that was caused by a four month period of heavy *****ing though.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is CK quasi identical to EU2, just playing in another time? I read it has some more roleplaying stuff, but it is basically a medieval EU? I thought of buying it, but since I just started to play Eu2 some weeks ago I don't need another game now - but maybe later
                Blah

Comment

It's alike in some ways, but the game plays out quite differently really. Mcuh more focus on the persons and courts and so on. It's the first game since EU2 that gives me the same feeling as that old classic(but that does not mean the others are bad), but it's not in quite such a finsihed state as EU2. It's rapidly improving with the beta patches though.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X