Crusader Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Kings

I'd just like to mention that CK is an excellent game and that I am enjoying it immensely. Much more fun than HoI and Victoria.^-^
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

It's a great game, but not finished yet IMHO. And it seems like it will take ages before it will be so too...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah, though most people stop playing at the point when it crashes each month... Needs severe patching...

Also there are too many bugs and exploits, like assassinating courtiers will lower your badboy count and the like...

After all, HoI and EU2 are still the best Paradox games. (Haven´t tried HoI2 yet, though)
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Re: Crusader Kings

Originally posted by St Leo
        I'd just like to mention that CK is an excellent game ...
        And, might I add that VP is porting it to the Macintosh.
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

I love the start of CK, but I confess that I give up after about 3-4 generations. The court becomes a bit too unwieldy, the save file sizes are burgeoning and there doesn't seem to be much of a challenge once you've got several high value provinces to give you a major army and all the gold you need for upgrades. I would like to see the mongols sometime, but the game needs to be stable first.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Play 1187.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I've never actually looked at CK though I still play EU2 on regularly and find it to be much more enjoyable then either Civ3 or HOI2.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

EU2 is still the one. The best Paraodx has made. But some of the others are very good too. I look forward to the new game they said they would announce soon. New engine and all! But Johan has said they won't make a EU3 before 2006/7 earliest...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  Play 1187.
                  Start something other than the full GC? but, but I want a chance to actually beat a mongol army or two, not just drown under the tide ....
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

You won't. But it will be harder to play as a count or duke, if you are not far away that is. BTW, play under the beta, many issues are taken care of there, although some work is still left. It would have been finished a long time ago btw, if not the main person involved in making the beta patches(and ultimately 1.05), MrT, had to leave to take care of his daughter. The betas is still much better than 1.04.

Comment

Mr. T. is back afaik and work on the beta is progressing towards 1.05 quite quickly now - the beta is very playable and the mongols now suffer attrition and can be beaten. Cyclical crusades have been implemented and work reasonably well - for instance, Jerusalem or Alexandria might be targeted, and when it is captured and held the crusade ends. I'm just finishing off my first play-through in the grand campaign, and it's been a blast. I'm looking forward to porting it into Eu2 with my super Irish
                      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Yeah, I've been with the public beta since the beginning, it's really shaping up.

Comment

And speaking of witch, a new patch came out today!

Hi folks!

It seems that the Easter Bunny has come a little early this year.

Attached is the latest beta patch for public testing. Johan is away this week, and initially the idea had been to wait until he returned before posting the patch (after Easter) but since we’ve accomplished quite a bit already, we’d like your feedback on these changes so when he returns we can have some specific things ready for him to look into.

This patch addresses many (not all) of the reported issues over the past month and a half. It does not directly address most of the ideas you’ve been giving in the “call for input” thread since that will take some more time to sort through and prioritise. In some cases, however, there is a change in this patch that might resolve one of your requests or affect the priority you’d assign to it.

As always, your observations and experiences will be crucial in determining where we focus out attention for the next patch. I will be starting some new sticky threads that request your feedback on specific areas that we feel we’ve addressed – at least partially. Please take a look at those and give us your results.

Cheers

MrT

P.S. I think we've fixed the virtual call crash bug (I haven't had one in about 12 hours of testing) so please let us know if you get one and give detailed description of the circumstances where one occurs.

This patch should be applied over a clean 1.04b installation or on top of the previous patch. If you’ve edited any of your own files or are using any mods, please remove them and revert to a vanilla copy if you want to give feedback (else your feedback will be either worthless or potentially detrimental to the process).

################################################## #

Change Log

################################################## #

#####################
                          AI, Event and Datafile Changes
                          #####################
                          - Found and fixed virtual call crash bug.
                          - Found and fixed the sound bug.
                          - Added the 'crusade_target_owner' target condition for a character event. This targets the ruler of the owner of the crusade province. Use with caution!!!
                          - Added a 'declare_war' effect. Only works properly against a ruler. Use with caution!!!
                          - Tweaked the amount of females being born down slightly.
                          - Crusaded expectations now slightly larger.
                          - The remove-regiment effect now works properly.
                          - made it impossible for a character with piety <= 0 to be cannonized
                          - increased likelihood for a character with high piety to be cannonized
                          - added retirement event to character_health that will help to prune courts of elderly characters with few redeeming values (should reduce CPU load and makae it a bit easier to find a suitable bride)
                          - tweaked crusade events to make it considerably less likely that a crusade will be called before 1075
                          - it is now very likely that a crusade to the Holy Land will be called first (c. 1075-1085)
                          - tweaked Iberian crusade events to reduce likelihood of a crusade being called before 1150
                          - it is now very likely that the Reconquista will begin somewhere between 1150 and 1200 unless another crusade is already active during that period
                          - further tweaked to reduce relative likelihood of a Palermo crusade (was a bit too frequent)
                          - further balancing of the crusades to make it more likely that there will be some period of respite between them
                          - counts will no longer initiate crusades (unless they are the PC)
                          - dukes are now somewhat less likely to call a crusade
                          - AI independent Catholic rulers (particularly kingdoms) will now be quite a bit more likely to involve themselves in a crusade unless already at war elsewhere.
                          - AI Lieges will usually demand that their vassals join them when crusading or face the consequences (AI will generally agree to participate)
                          - Rulers will sometimes gain additional free troops to assist them on crusades
                          - The chance of religious conversion is now somewhat affected by their province's regional historic trends
                          - tweaked mtth and modifiers for religious and cultural conversion
                          - tweaked mtth and modifiers for some illness events
                          - tweaked mtth and modifiers for some character health events
                          - did some major tweaking of pagan events based on public beta feedback
                          - did some more tweaking to the Mongol Invasion events and adjusted event effects now that remove_regiments works properly
                          - tweaked some values in the province power events
                          - tweaked some values in the battle events
                          - tweaked some values in the csc_events file
                          - tweaked some values in the improvement events
                          - tweaked some values in the province structure events
                          - major tweaks to some values in the advances discovery events
                          - major tweaks to some values in the advances spread events
                          - tweaked some values in the eveil events series
                          - made some tweaks to the random event-generated claims
                          - fixed a missing picture on the pagan shrine event
                          - added a miracle worker event that may cure war invalids (or kill them trying)
                          - tweaked miracle worker event frequency somewhat
                          - added court size modifiers to the generic courtier retirement event to reduce exploitiveness a bit
                          - added a new set of intrigue events to stimulate some interesting activity (particularly in Byz. realm)
                          - added an event to agressively purge the courts of the Catholic Orders of any non-Catholic characters (to reduce chance of one becoming the next GM)
                          - further tweaking to crusade flavour events
                          - adjusted frequency on courtier retirement event
                          - tweaked independent rulers crusading to favour kings slightly more
                          - tweaked counts to be slightly slower in responding to liege's crusade request than dukes are

1066 Scenario Changes
                          - gave Iberian Christians L1 leather armour to somewhat reduce the slaughter in early religious wars

1187 Scenario Changes
                          -added dynasties 4046, 101714-715
                          -fixed immortal/negatively aged people (IDs 15, 6520, 23582, 12520)
                          -fixed the Kexholm owning a Cuman province error
                          -moved the count of Carcassone's wife to his court

Province Culture:
                          -Lowland provinces has now Dutch culture
                          -Scandiavian culture setup tweaked

Ireland
                          -added Ua Ruaircs in Sligo
                          -added John de Courcy with dynasty in Ulaid
                          -added historical ruler in Tir Connail
                          -added mac Lochlainns in Tir Eoghain

Scandinavia
                          -Viken, Jemtland and Herjedalen to Norway
                          -independent Swedish provinces now incorporated into Sweden
                          -Danish dynasty expanded a bit
                          -Swedish dynasties of Bjälbo, Sverker and Erik added/expanded
                          -Sverker Karlsson Sverkerätten residing in Denmark with a claim on Sweden
                          -duchy of Östergötland created, duke Magnus [Minnesköld] till Bjälbo
                          -Norwegian king's father is now properly dead

Scotland
                          -Added Dunkeld Kings of Scotland
                          -Added Dumbar Dukes of Berwick
                          -Added Stewart Dukes of Strathclyde
                          -Added Dunkeld Dukes of Atholl
                          -Added Dunkeld Counts of Fife
                          -Added Comyn Counts of Buchan
                          -Added of Angus Counts of Angus
                          -Added a few members to the Galloway family
                          *Duchy of Orkney
                          --Added Dunkeld Dukes of Orkney
                          *Duchy of the Western Isles
                          --Moved the Duchy from Man to the Western Isles
                          --Added the County of Argyll to the Duchy
                          --Added MacDonald Dukes of western Isles
                          *County of Man
                          --Downgraded this to a County
                          --Added Crovan counts of Man

France
                          -Constance de Penthievre duchess of Brittany
                          -linked Penthievre and Brittany branches of Penthievre dynasty
                          -created duchy of Burgundy, added dynasty

England
                          -Matilda Angevin's marriage fixed (that particular little Heinrich kid was not the Lion
                          -added Geoffrey Angevin archbishop of York
                          -added Hugh Pudsey count of Durham
                          -added William FitzPatrick count of Salisbury
                          -added William Marshal count of Dyfed
                          -expanded Beaumont dynasty - connected three branches

HRE
                          -fixed Schwabian Hohenstaufen dynasty
                          -added Henry the Lion, with dynasty included, in Lüneburg (just came back from exile)
                          -added family to Heinrich von Tirol
                          -added family to Walram von Nassau
                          -expanded Askanien dynasty
                          -Otto Askanien is now duke of Brandenburg
                          -Otto von Hohenstaufen demoted from Duke to count(palatinate) of Burgundy
                          -Chalons to French Burgundy
                          -added Wettin dynasty in Meissen
                          -bishopry of Salzburg created, bishop Vojtech Premyslid

Poland
                          -Slupsk, bishopry, vassal of Pommerania
                          -Stettin and Werle to Pommerania, vassal of Denmark
                          -Lubusz vassal of Silesia
                          -Chelminskie to pagan Prussians
                          -Jaroslaw new count of Opole
                          -Mieszko former count of Opole now count of Cieszyn

Iberia
                          -Portuguese dynasty expanded
                          -removed 9502 (duplicate of 9510)
                          -Leonese royal dynasty expanded a bit
                          -Aragonese dynasty expanded (removed 10515, duplicate of the king)
                          -Rosello and Provence to king of Aragon
                          -created Urgell dynasty

Italy
                          -southern Italy given to Sicily
                          -Guillaume de Hauteville's dynasty expanded (11500-11532)
                          -king G. also duke of Apulia
                          -Simon de Hauteville count ot Taranto
                          -Tancred de Hauteville count of Lecce
                          -Helion d'Altaville count of Benevento
                          -Ancona a republic
                          -duchy of Spoleto created, duke Konrad von Urslingen.
                          -Urbino a county, count Antonio Montefeltro
                          -Aquileia a bishopry
                          -Piombino to Toscana
                          -Florence vassal of Toscana
                          -created dynasty in Savoy
                          -kingdom of Italy in Northern Italy, representing the administration of king Heinrich of Italy

Holy Land
                          - Renaud, duke of Tripoli, now also duke of Galilee
                          - the two women in GALE court moved to their husbands
                          - Renaud de Chatillon now appropiately married.
                          - Saint-Gilles expanded
                          - dynasty in Antioch renamed Poitiers and expanded
                          - Hospitaller order created

This patch should be applied over a clean 1.04b installation or on top of the previous patch. If you’ve edited any of your own files or are using any mods, please remove them and revert to a vanilla copy if you want to give feedback (else your feedback will be either worthless or potentially detrimental to the process).

Comment

I've still got hopes of getting into this in the near future - i've had a quick look at it, and like what i've seen. I guess if you really hate geneology it could be quite daunting?
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

It seems Paradox has been hurt by the negative publicity they've been getting in forums and are finally making a big push in delivering patches.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X