Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Firaxis owns Civ what will happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

what..better than a joke?
    In HOI diplomacy and economy is a joke in comparison with EU2 or Vicky, but the game itself is great. It's just different, because it's dedicated to pretty short period of history and thus combat oriented. Basically, HOI is a simulator of HQ map games, any generals play to simulate thier future campaign. Therefore HOI is a real dream for any armchair general as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

In HOI diplomacy and economy is a joke in comparison with EU2 or Vicky, but the game itself is great. It's just different, because it's dedicated to pretty short period of history and thus combat oriented. Basically, HOI is a simulator of HQ map games, any generals play to simulate thier future campaign. Therefore HOI is a real dream for any armchair general as well.
      Thanks

I like the civ genre for "leading a civ to supremacy"

but then again I also enjoy armchair generalin..as well

Looking forward to HOI 2

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        Looking forward to HOI 2

Gramps
        Me too. It is the most wanted game for me now.

Comment

On a semi-related note I play a lot of pbem right now between CTP & CIVIII (about 35 games, IIRC at last count)

But I opurchased Axis & Allies and for real..It is along the lines of Ages of Empire:Conquerors,Empiresawn of the Modern World and the two RoN games (Ron & RON:T&P)

Lots of fun

I really enjoy that

hope to chat with ya more in preperation fer HOI 2 my new acquaintence
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

hmm I think that paradox bought the rights to civilization and advanced civilization , the Avalon hill board game that is
            Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

Well, you're wrong.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
              X